Commis 3, Main Kitchen - Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in a world-class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.About the role
An exciting role has arisen in the culinary department for a highly motivated and hardworking individual at Al Qasr - Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main purpose of this position is to cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
Your main duties will include:
- To maintain the Physical Product and to advise of any faults.
- To attend trainings set by company or their seniors.
- To fully understand HACCP and COSHH and take appropriate action to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined yetharmonious department.
- Maintain good colleague relations.
- Work to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index, maintaining standards and consistency.
- Check the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization.
- To understand and to be aware of food costs within your department.
- Pass all information to the next shift about functions through a proper hand over system.
- Adhere to all Jumeirah standards and HACCP guidelines.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have experience working as Commis 3 or similar role in a five star hotel/stand-alone restaurant or successfully completed a culinary apprentice or chef training courses for at least one year. You must have a basic understanding of culinary operation. You must have certificate/diploma in culinary and good spoken and written English.