Chef De Partie - Pool Kiosk - Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.
About the role
An exciting role has arisen in culinary department at Madinat Jumeirah for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to ensure smooth running of the section and see that all areas of section maintain the Madinat Jumeirah standards.
Your main duties will include:
- Give tasks to Demi chefs and commis chefs and check that they are carried out in the correct manner
- To fully understand HACCP and COSHH and take appropriate action to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
- Using information available, plan preparation, production and cooking of food appropriate to the section, to the required standard, ensuring guest satisfaction by training and monitor junior staff to maintain standards and consistency in food preparation.
- To take appropriate action to maintain safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
- Pass all information to the next shift about functions
- Check Demi Chefs/Commis Chefs on his/her section: personal hygiene, Jumeirah standards are in place.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have at least 1 year experience as Chef De Partie or similar role in a five star hotel or standalone/branded restaurants. You must have good knowledge and understanding of kitchen operation. You must have certificate/diploma in culinary and good spoken and written English.