Food & Beverage - Environmental Health and Safety Manager
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Health and Safety professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and direct a team that remains in compliance with top quality food and beverage products through prompt, accurate and personalized service.
As an Environmental Health and Safety Manager you are responsible for the conformity with all corporate, federal and local sanitation, food safety, health and safety and environmental requirements where as your role involves the implementation of HACCP programs and will include key responsibilities such as:
• Develop Environmental Health and Safety & HACCP manuals and review annually or less if required
• Ensure that the EHS management system is established, implemented and maintained in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards requirements
• Provide the top management with the necessary reports on the EHS management system established within the property along with recommendations for improvement
• Establish audit requirements to ensure compliance in Food Safety, Occupational Safety and Environmental regulations
• Oversee all audit results, evaluate trends, communicate results and establish action plans to ensure hotel remains in compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements
• Develop and implement effective programs for protecting the environment and for maintaining, enhancing and fostering a “zero incident” safety culture in the hotel
• Participate in accident investigation and document root cause in order to communicate results and set required corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence
• Ensure that the employees are trained on the basic EHS awareness training identified for their departmental operations.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should be a college / university degree graduate preferably in Health / Hygiene / Quality management with a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role with preferable previous experience in the Middle East. You must be a computer literate with effective communication skills, both verbal and written in English and additionally in Arabic.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be dynamic and well qualified, with a high level of motivation, enthusiasm and a ‘switched on’ personality. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player who thrives in working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding the Business
Planning for Business
Drive for Results