DUKES DUBAI is located in the heart of New Dubai on the trunk of the Palm, amidst a residential estate and will comprise both a hotel and apartments. The hotel is just 10 minutes’ drive from Dubai Marina and Sheikh Zayed Road, and 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport. It enjoys spectacular beach front views and access to Oceana’s resort facilities.
DUKES DUBAI will proudly rely on Dukes London - the multi-award winning flagship hotel, situated in the heart of London St. James, blending quintessential British charm and cosmopolitan luxury, to create a stunning residence and hotel in Dubai and establish unrivalled British elegance and comfort in Dubai. Our residential community at DUKES promises an ‘all-in-one’ way of life that combines luxury, convenience, privacy, and peace of mind. It will be a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life, where guests will be treated to an impressive array of first-class amenities and services.
All of our 279 rooms and 227 apartments have been designed with the modern sophisticated traveller and business investor in mind. Bedrooms feature king size beds, walk-in wardrobes and beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The kitchens in our Studios and Apartments are chic in design and fully equipped with top-of-the-range appliances, offering stunning accommodation and living areas at one of the most desirable locations on Palm Dubai.
Proud sister hotel of Dukes London, voted England’s Leading Hotel for the third time in a row at the World Travel Awards.
We are currently looking for Reservations Officer.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To maintain high level of guest telephone contact skills while promoting the Hotel and Restaurants
- To achieve an optimum level of occupancy and average room rate to best yield revenue and to ensure budgeted targets are met.
- Book and enter room reservation requests using the Opera (Property Management System) to ensure exceeding guest’s expectations
- To be fully conversant with all market segment and rate plans, together with special rates and packages.
- To maximize room and restaurant revenues, and create additional revenue, by utilizing effective Upselling techniques.
- To coordinate daily with the Reservations Manager regarding business on the books and the strategy for the day.
- To attend and participate in the monthly Sales Strategy and Brainstorming meeting, Reservations Feedback meetings and other departmental activities as required.
- To handle customer queries and complaints relating to the Reservations Department.
- To maintain a high standard of communication with all departments.
- Strong Reservations experience required in a 5-star hotel
- OPERA Systems Knowledge
- Good Knowledge of Central reservation system
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Pre-opening experience is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible, organized & reliable.
The successful candidate MUST have at least 2 to 3 years’ experience in the similar role in Reservations.
Should you believe that you are the right candidate for the role, please apply online ONLY by submitting a cover letter, and your full updated CV, featuring a recent photograph. Candidates not meeting this requirements will not be considered. Applications sent directly by email will be disqualified.
DUKES DUBAI is an equal opportunities employer committed to the promotion of equality in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, the provision of training and career development opportunities.