Assistant Executive Housekeeping Manager
Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara, is located 6 Nautical Miles at sea from downtown Doha and 20 minutes by boat from Doha International Airport on an exclusive 13 hectare island that boasts its own marina and reefs. Guests will enjoy a choice of 141 rooms, suites, pool villas and over water villas, as well as four swimming pools, four unique dining options, an Anantara spa and fitness centre, water sports, a nine hole putting golf course, cinema, children’s club, activities’ pool and dedicated family beach. This will be a unique property, focused on wellness, unmatched in the Middle East.
We are looking for a dynamic Assistant Executive Housekeeper, eager to work with confidence in working in a demanding luxury environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning and Organising
- Help the Exec Housekeeper plan manpower requirements to achieve an efficient usage of labour, considering business needs and seasonal trends.
- Prepare yearly budgets for housekeeping & laundry.
- Assist with the management of the entire housekeeping and laundry function of the hotel.
- Conducts routine inspections of all Housekeeping areas, with other supervisory personnel.
- Ensure that all public, guest-facing and back of house areas of the hotel are properly cleaned at all times.
- Ensure health & safety requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and follow departmental SOP’s and LSOPs
- Attend and support Task Force Missions required to support the opening of new Anantara and other MINT properties, and other special events catered by Minor International.
- Coach and guide new members of the team, putting in place proper orientation training and ongoing training and development for team members.
- Assist in managing relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure records are maintained for linen inventory, uniforms, and other items as applicable.
- Ensure that lost and found articles are stored properly and that the correct logs are maintained.
- Ensure that par levels of linen, towels and uniforms are current, and in line with inventory.
- Complete guest supply inventory each period end.
- Develop and maintain a motivational working environment within the department and positive relations with other departments.
- Train staff to become multi skilled in all facets of housekeeping and associate departments.
- Initiate measures to minimize all wastage of materials and amenities are used in the department.
- Ensure that proper key controls are in place.
- Responsible for inventory of guest supply and mini bar inventory of each period
- Control overtime through good management and immediate response to problems.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Enjoy working with others to achieve common goals
- Act with personal professionalism and integrity at all times
- Always conduct business honestly and fairly
- Prioritise workload effectively and be organised and structured at work
- Manage own time and pay attention to detail
- Display a positive attitude, even under pressure
- Committed to meeting and exceeding all performance standards
- Constantly look to develop own professional skills and abilities
- Perform job tasks in line with established policies and procedures
- Always try to provide a top-quality experience to all our business contacts.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role, please apply online by attaching your CV (featuring a recent picture of you) and a cover letter.
For more information, please visit: http://www.anantara.com/doha/