ANANTARA THE PALM DUBAI RESORT
Imagine a unique destination set on a man-made marvel on the Dubai coastline that entices one and all with a distinct blend of serenity and splendour. Offering an urban escape, Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort is a wondrous place where a decadent experience awaits at a Palm Jumeirah hotel unlike any other.
Perched on the eastern crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah, an archipelago of islands connected to the mainland, Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort is a remarkable resort inspired by traditional Thai architecture in an Arabian setting. A 45 minute drive from Dubai International Airport and within easy reach of a plethora of exciting attractions including Aquaventure Water Park, Mall of the Emirates, Ski Dubai and Dubai Marina, this resort is where one can savour moments of bliss surrounded in unimaginable magnificence.
To serve the needs of the business, our guests and our colleagues by administering the day-to-day operations of Beverage service areas in the hotel
All members of the Food & Beverage Department are responsible for ensuring that visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity and variety of our food and beverage offerings. Within that, our Bar Servers have one of the most important positions for influencing guest satisfaction. It is crucial that all associates extend service in a professional, friendly, courteous, efficient and timely fashion
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Anantara employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- To serve our guests in accordance with Anantara standards of food and beverage quality, presentation and sanitation, in a gracious and professional manner.
- To display the best of our national hospitality and professionalism with guests.
- To take pride in all facets of service, quality, appearance and cleanliness, in yourself and your area of responsibility.
- To understand and adhere to Beverage Department Standard Operating Procedures and to always be looking to recommend improvements to those procedures.
- To professionally set up bar at the start of opening, including liquor, icing, glassware, juices and garnishes.
- To process drink orders in proper calling order, to check for correct number of drinks and manage billing quickly and efficiently.
- To make all cocktails in accordance with Anantara Resorts & Spas standard beverage manual, using full standard measures
- Bar professionals will receive and check liquor against previous shift’s requisitions. Any discrepancies with the receiving order should be brought to the attention of the Bar Supervisor
- To manage security in the work area, and at no time to leave the bar area unless properly relieved by a colleague.
- Assist with cleanup - mopping floors, removal of cans and bottles, general cleaning of rails and counters, removal of melting ice in bins
• Previous experience in Food & Beverage as a Bartender/Restaurant operations
• Passion for excellent service
• A team player
• English ability - speaking and listening • High School diploma