Scope and General Purpose of Job:
- To be one of the first points of contact for a guest and therefore to be able to offer them the services they need in a quick and efficient friendly manner.
- Mainly looking after the bedrooms division but also to act as an ambassador of the hotel with a wealth of knowledge to share.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures incoming guests are given the highest possible personal service.
- Maintains effective communication with all related departments to ensure smooth service delivery.
- Receives guests in a professional and friendly manner, satisfying guest expectations from arrival till departure.
- Takes telephone reservations when the reservations team are not available.
- Greets guests on their arrival ensuring they feel expected and welcome.
- Ensures the guest receives the accommodation he/she is expecting.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of hotel and local services and supply information respond to guest queries.
- Deals swiftly, efficiently and sensitively to guest complaints and follows through.
- Maintains awareness of guest profile through the guest history.
- Accurately administers clerical systems and procedures.
- Comply with all laid down systems and procedures.
- To regularly check the reception is organized and operating an efficient standard and checklists are completed and forwarded to supervisors.