Director of Materials Management/Purchasing
Full job details
Mandarin Oriental, Doha will be the first Mandarin Oriental Hotel in the Middle East. It will be located in Mushaireb Downtown Doha. Msheireb Propertie's an ambitious development of a 35 hectare site adjacent to Doha's cultural gem, Souk Wakif and near the city's business centre in West Bay.
Do you see yourself as a Director of Materials Management/Purchasing to join our pre-opening team of the Mandarin Oriental, Doha?
Are you passionate and enthusiastic about Purchasing in hotels?
At Mandarin Oriental we employ colleagues with passion and willing to deliver the best service and experience to our guests.
- Supervise personnel engaged in buying, receiving and distributing materials, equipment's, supplies and food & beverage products.
- Supervise and assist storeroom clerk, receiving and box handler, making sure all standard procedures are followed.
- Supervise and manage the full function of Cost Control within the Hotel.
- Engage in supervision of all aspects of FHLS&S and conduct vendor audits of all food supplies.
- Manage the overall operations of Purchasing & Cost Control Department.
- Ensure that all purchase order requests are properly completed and approved before the items are purchased.
- Develop Policies & Procedures for Purchasing and Cost Control.
- Responsible for negotiating, acquiring and documenting all purchases.
- Establish a Purchasing reporting package and database of supplier information.
- Manages, oversees and controls the month-end inventories.
- Responsible to set up and manage the storage and inventory systems of all F&B and nonfood store items.
- Maintain a good relationship with all Departments and Corporate Purchasing.
- Train, evaluate and schedule all colleagues in accordance with the applicable standards, policies and as per the overall business requirements.
- Senior School Qualifications equivalent in Hotel Management or in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Purchasing with a least 2 years' experience in a similar role in a Hotel
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Cost Control
- Pre-opening experience is an advantage
- Perfect communication and negotiation skills
- Self-driven and progressive work style
- Excellent knowledge of various Procurement/Purchasing Software
- Qatar Driving license