Cluster Public Relations Executive
A Cluster Public Relations Executive with Hilton Hotels and Resorts will be responsible for promoting and managing the hotels’ Public Relations activities to increase brand awareness and support business needs across various segments and markets.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As Cluster Public Relations Executive, you will be responsible for the development and communication of promotional activities to drive revenue and brand awareness. Specifically, a PR Executive will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee the development and implementation of the hotel communication plan and associated activities
- Create, develop and market key events and stories for the hotel, especially during key business periods
- Communicate effectively, to target markets, the amenities and benefits of the hotel, including hotel refurbishments, food and beverage provisions, conference, banqueting and events
- Manage media relations with third parties, including local media and PR agencies to secure exposure and coverage of hotel’s activities and promotions
- Ensure an accurate and constantly expanding comprehensive media and marketing contact management and monitoring system relevant to the target audiences of the hotel
- Work closely across all hotel departments, seeking proactive opportunities and planned promotions to address specific business challenges, as required
- Manage press trips and media entertainment to support business needs
- Manage and promote the hotel on Hilton Worldwide branded and third party websites
- Control marketing and communications budgets by using resources effectively
- Implement PR activities to celebrate successes and awards and the promotion of products
- Respond to media enquiries when approached for comments and/or reports
- Research and develop new opportunities within key target markets
- Communicate with internal Event Managers on all aspects of specific event organisation and promotion
What are we looking for?
A Cluster Public Relations Executive serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous Marketing and/or Press Relations experience in a similar environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills – confident and effective verbal and written communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable communication to wide audience and manage relationships Sound understanding of local media environment
- Creative and ideas orientated
- Positive, enthusiast and team player
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure at all times
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous Hotel or press sector experience
- Previous media training
- Knowledge of computer design/graphic software
- Relevant degree, in marketing, communications or journalism from an academic institution
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality.
More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents
Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guest Rooms.
Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries
More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas
Harris Poll EquiTrend®, Brand of the Year - Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011
Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry.