Director, Food & Beverage
United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Raffles Dubai
Full job details
United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Raffles Dubai
Food & Beverage, Food & Beverage Director
About Raffles Dubai: Not only close to Dubai's best-loved landmarks, Raffles Dubai is one of them! This stunning landmark hotel in a distinctive pyramid shape, merges Asian style with an Egyptian aesthetic. Brilliant contemporary interiors, with 252 rooms and suits, faultless service and 7 superb restaurants and bars. At Raffles Dubai we provide our all colleagues with opportunities for continuous learning and development throughout their career. We are looking for talented, passionate and dedicated people who will continue the story and become part of our journey.
Raffles Dubai promises exceptional standards of service inherent of the Raffles brand and complemented by Arabian hospitality values. Our core values of Excellence, Respect, Integrity and Caring serve as the guiding principles in everything that we do
About Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises twelve luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as :
Director of Food & Beverage
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and promote Raffles Hotels & Resorts Brand Promise and operational excellence.
- Direct all operational activities towards supporting the Hotel's Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Set periodical business plan, budget, and forecast and performance reports.
- Coordinate the development, interpretation and implementation of hotel policies, operating procedures and training programs, manuals, directives, menus, work schedules, rules and regulations for the food and beverage staff.
- Analyze daily reports to check irregularities.
- Must know the standards set by Raffles Hotels & Resorts and the Hotel.
- Conduct random checks to ensure that all standards are being consistently followed in the F&B Division.
- Maintain up-to-date records on food and beverage staff personnel attendance, appearance, standards, work and vacation schedules, labor costs, payroll, absenteeism, turnover and disciplinary action.
- Approve the employment and termination of food and beverage staff and employees and is responsible for on-the-job training programs on a regular basis.
- Coordinate the selection, purchasing, storage, inventorying, maintenance and usage of all related food and beverage supplies and equipment.
- Ensure the implementation of HACCP policies and procedures are consistently followed throughout the F&B Division. Attend HACCP meeting.
- The ability to handle all guest complaints in the food and beverage area and is charge of obtaining maximum results in the utilization and appearance of the food and beverage areas, the quality levels, performance and standards of service and develops new techniques of service towards maximum guest satisfaction at minimum operating costs.
- Maintain current prices and approved purveyors listed based on quality, service and cost of all related food and beverage items for requisitioning purposes, store inventories, cost control procedures and forecasts.
- Work closely with local, state and governmental organizations in maintaining highest standards of health, sanitation and cleanliness in food and beverage areas.
- The ability to aid each Department Head in giving the necessary training to their staff and to assist them in it.
- The ability to develop new and analyze existing procedures and special promotions that will improve guest loyalty under the guidelines of the Raffles Hotels & Resorts policies.
- The ability to develop and maintain effective communications between all operating departments.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by Hotel management and staff.
- Conduct daily F&B Meeting to discuss VIP guests in house & arrival, F&B revenue updates, operational challenges and ways to improve.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all divisions to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
- Ensure that all F&B outlets update Guest Preference database on a regular basis.
- Coordinate promotional plan with Public Relation as well as menu cycles with the Executive Chef.
- Develop the F&B management team to be ready to take the next role. Growing managers within Raffles Hotels & Resorts.
- The ability to safeguard guests and employees with knowledge and application of safety, accident prevention, fire drills and first aid.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Degree from a reputable hotel school preferred.
- Minimum 10 - 12 years in managing F&B operations in the hotel industry.