Director of Sales & Marketing
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a well established global hotel company in a high profile role within the European portfolio.
As a member of Virtuoso, this large 5* hotel, in the heart of a buzzing area, has undergone key refurbishment including super deluxe suites. Its location is second to none and with big meeting space and its own private beach it is a key hotel for both MICE and leisure. It also attracts a significant amount of local corporate business which is essential for RevPAR.
With an established feeder market in place, the DOSM will be expected to maintain good relationships with these accounts and lead the team in developing new markets e.g. GCC/ME, USA and Russia/CIS.
With a minimum of three years as a DOSM, with experience across all business segments, the right person will be someone with the following skills and experience:
- In depth knowledge of the European markets especially strong on MICE and leisure, but a good understanding of the corporate segment is important.
- 5*/luxury hotel experience and ideally in a hotel with more than 300 rooms
- Strong leadership skills to manage an existing, established team and work with the Executive Committee
- Has worked in both a city/MICE location and ideally in a resort hotel. Will understand the complexity of working in a seasonal environment and how to optimise different business segments appropriately
- Has worked in a “local” environment – one where the DMC’s/ground handlers are key partners but is able to balance that relationship with driving business through other direct and online streams. This would appeal to someone who has had and enjoys an “island” life.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: with the regional head office, Owners and clients.
- Has the presence and personality to be the brand ambassador which is essential for the hotel, especially at this high profile time in its history – to network, travel as required, build on existing and new relationships in the luxury and suite market
- Technically sound – understands revenue, distribution
- Eligible to work in the EU.
This posting is in addition to the search we have already conducted from our database and are currently actioning. If you are already registered with us at HOCAPS or keen to know more about this and other opportunities, please email me directly.
Applicants: For further information, please contact Vanessa Angelo-Thomson by email: email@example.com. If already registered with HOCAPS, it is not necessary to send a CV unless it is needs to be updated from our last contact with you. It may be easier to just send an email expressing your interest. However, if you have not registered with HOCAPS, please send a full CV in Word or PDF format. For international assignments, it is essential that we also receive a business style photograph. We always require three referees with email contact details, in order to progress with any suitable candidates. At HOCAPS we believe that your efforts in preparing a CV should be directly viewed by potential employers. The decisions you make concerning style and content are an important aid to selection. Please visit our website: www.hocaps.com and click on CV Guide should you require assistance in the formatting of your CV.