Full job details
Emaar Hospitality Group LLC, the wholly owned subsidiary of Dubai-based global property developer Emaar Properties PJSC, manages the company’s growing roster of hospitality and leisure projects. We are seeking an excellent and outgoing Banquet Captain to join our F&B Team for Leisure Property.
Primarily responsible for the supervision of the banquet staff and coordinates all food and beverage services within the banquet department. Train the banquet team and also oversees the enforcement of hotel standards on setting up the banquet hall, up keeping, service, break away, event courses, cleaning, staff grooming and hygiene.
He / She should maintain and develop the highest level of guest relations. Manage all guest requests, complaints and queries and ensure that all aspects are communicated to the respective departments (Sales, Kitchen, F&B manager (HOD) etc.)
- To ensure record of all guest orders and transactions through Micros
- To maintain accurate cash floats at all time ensuring efficient billing
- To ensure that mise en place levels are kept to standards
- To ensure that the station is stocked and tidy at all times, ensuring efficient service
- To take order with up-selling technique
- To serve food and beverage according to guest’s needs and expectations
- Assists in serving and mixing drinks according to recipes
- To maintain the opening and closing check list
- To maintain HACCP
- To ensure that grooming standards are being met and maintained, demonstrating a professional image for our guests;
- To assist the Restaurant Manager in implementing impeccable quality experience throughout the restaurant.
- To ensure that guest satisfaction is monitored and where appropriate, rectified throughout their meal experience.
- To respond proactively to guest queries and to ensure appropriate action is taken in the absence of the manager, followed by effective communication.
- To monitor the Total Training Concept and employee development in order to promote a climate of enthusiasm and encouragement;
- Maintain accurate and complete knowledge of all products (F&B), services, facilities, equipment,
procedures and policies, standards, promotions and activities, business requirements, etc.
- Displays emotional maturity and sensitivity in dealing with others.
- Operates with integrity and objectivity at all times
- Organised and demonstrates good planning skills
- Proactive to address and resolve issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- A Team player.
- First class people skills and the ability to communicate effectively across a multi-national, multi-cultural environment.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (COMPETENCIES REQUIRED)
- A F&B specialist with a proven track record in Food and Beverage within their respected industry.
- At least 3 years experience working in Banquet F&B.
- Degree or Diploma in Catering or Hotel and Tourism Management