Competitive salary available
Full job details
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
The incumbent of this position is responsible for administration and practical control and supervision laundry operations and staff in accordance with the standards, policies and procedures as set by Kempinski.
- Is responsible for ordering, controlling and issuing of all linen and uniform stocks in perfect condition according to the hotel standards after approval of Housekeeper.
- Must be familiar with guest rooms, public and staff areas and floor plans.
- Coordinates with Housekeeper and Supervisors in daily operation to maintain the highest possible quality of linen, curtains, drapes etc. throughout the hotel.
- Responsible for training and re-training of existing and new staff and ensures that the services rendered to guests and staff are most efficient.
- Prepared the work schedules and vacation leaves of linen room / uniform attendant for approval by the Executive Housekeeper.
- Prepares and submits attendance records and reports to Housekeeper.
- Ensures issuing procedures and controls that linen procedures are adhered to, and liaises closely with Laundry Manager and Housekeeping Supervisors to ensure fast and efficient linen supply at all times.
- Ensures clean for dirty controls are adhered to and liaises closely with Laundry Manager and Personnel Department by issuing uniforms to new staff according to the procedures.
Ensures an adequate supply of uniforms in good condition are available at all times.
- Ensures cleaning rags are distributed according to procedures.
- Count and records existing uniforms in good condition are available at all times.
Supervises the original issue, daily issue and repair of linen.
- Provides Housekeeper with accurate, updated records of all stored and issued uniforms whenever requested.
- Advises Housekeeper of diminishing par stocks due to damage, imperfection, unmemorable stains or any abuse noticed on uniforms and accessories.
- Assists and completes quarterly linen inventory, submitting accurate stock sheets at fixed dated requested by financial Controller and quarterly linen inventories if excessive losses occur as instructed by Housekeeper.
- Responsible for re-ordering linen after management approval, Checks quality and quantity of all incoming new uniform and linen, ensures they meet the Hotel’s specification.
- Reviews and spot checks all deliveries of linen to ensure that the requirements are met and submits all invoices for goods received to Executive Housekeeper for approval.
Ensures uniforms of terminated employees are returned completely before approved release of issue form.
- Identifies or downgrades all unserviceable linen, determines repair requirements and proposes discard linen to Housekeeper.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
-High School graduate.
-3-5 years as a Linen/Uniform Attendant in 5 star property or 2-3 years as a Supervisor in a similar capacity.
-Ability to use housekeeping equipments and machines.
-English verbal and written
If you are being considered for this position, you will receive an invitation from us within 30 days