Demi Chef de Partie - Arabic Kitchen
Full job details
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Function / Summary:
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Junior Sous Chef in charge of the assigned area, responsible for the preparation of cold foods, sauce, dressings, food displays and buffet set-ups in accordance with Westin policies and procedures.
1. Kitchen Procedures
2. Assigned projects
3. Service Quality
4. Standard Compliance
5. Key Relationships
6. Hygiene and Safety Measures
• Interact and cooperate with other members of the kitchen brigade as appropriate.
• Interact and cooperate with other departments and other sections of food and beverage as appropriate.
• Liaise with the Sous Chef in charge to ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards.
• Prepare hot sauces, meat and fish, vegetables, rice and potato dishes, salad dressings, appetizers and salads as well as food displays in accordance with established recipes and methods.
• Ensure that all dishes are correctly garnished before being sent to the restaurant for service..
• Supervise and train all associates in his bridge.
• Ensure that the section is kept clean and hygienic.
• Work in cooperation with the other sections.
• Report equipment in the section needing repairs and maintenance.
• Learn the hotel’s fire and safely procedures as well as the operation of the kitchen’s fire fighting equipment.
• Participate in Buffet set-up and decoration.
• Adhere to portion control policy/standard plating instructions.
• Sample all foods, sauces, dressings, etc. on regular basis to ensure established standards are maintained.
• Comply with WESTIN hygiene and sanitation standards.
• Adopt the clear-as-you-go method of working.
• Comply with hotel`s health and safety policy.
• Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Share responsibility with the Junior Sous Chef in charge for the efficient operation of the assigned kitchen, including food preparation, presentation, supervision, storage, proper handling of fixtures and equipment as well as for the close working liaison with the other kitchen departments and restaurants.
• Learn the local health authorities’ sanitation and hygiene requirements.
• Ensure that local and hotel’s standards of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation are maintained, as well as SGS.
The above key areas, responsibilities and activities reflect the items necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Previous hospitality experience