F&B / Events Coordinator - Wyndham Dubai Marina, UAE
At Wyndham Worldwide, our Associates have the opportunity to explore both personal and professional development opportunities throughout their careers
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest hotel company based on number of hotels. As both a leading hotel brand franchisor and hotel management services provider, the company’s global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties and approximately 679,100 rooms in 73 countries. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Dubai and other cities, the company employs approximately 9,000 associates worldwide. From the upper-upscale offerings of its Wyndham Grand® brand, to the distinctly comfortable and familiar properties of its globally recognized Days Inn®, Super 8®, Ramada®, Baymont Inns and Suite®, Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham®, Tryp by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Dolce Hotels and Resorts, Microtel Inn Suites by Wyndham® and Howard Johnson® brands, Wyndham Hotel Group prides itself on providing guests and franchisees with exceptional customer service, great value and the most lodging choices around the world.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is an upscale, full-service brand located in key business and vacation destinations around the world. It offers the comfort and amenities you would expect in a world-class hotel, including beautifully appointed public areas, thoughtfully detailed guestrooms and distinct dining options. Business locations feature well-designed meeting space flexible enough to accommodate anything from an executive board meeting to a major sales conference, as well as business and fitness centers
When it comes to location, Wyndham Dubai Marina, will take your breath away. Surrounded by the reflective waters of Dubai Marina. The hotel is just a few minutes away from 'The Walk' at Jumeirah Beach, a hugely popular expansive stretch of beachside cafes, restaurants and shops.
F&B / Events Coordinator
The F&B / Events Coordinator is assisting the Food and Beverage Manager directly with ongoing administrative matters, carrying out specialized administrative projects and looking after events.
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences, taking inquiries and preparing and sending contracts to guests.
- Answering phones and taking messages as appropriate.
- Creating PowerPoint presentations.
- To report directly to the Food and Beverage Manager and support the administration of the Food and Beverage department.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Maintain and distribute staff weekly schedules.
- Responsible for minute taking during F&B meetings.
- Arrange the daily schedule for the F&B Manager.
- Taking restaurant reservations inquiries before restaurants opening hours.
- Keeps record and updates all contracts.
- Monitoring stationary supplies and reordering when necessary.
- Coordinate daily incoming and outgoing mail.
- Greet visitors and inform respective parties of their arrival.
- Reply all inquiry related to events.
- Send the proposal and contract related to events.
- Making BEOs for both external and internal functions.
- Look after the events operationally for smooth functions.
- Helping in day to day operation of F&B outlets whenever required.
- Sound knowledge of opera, Microsoft office and micros system.
- Maintain daily attendance in Oasys and perform F&B payroll related task.
- Coordinate with all the departments for events related issue.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Good communication and administrative skills.
- 1-2 years experience in 4 or 5 star hotel in similar role.
- Experience in Food & beverage service department.
- Bachelors Degree or Hotel Management graduate.
- Knowledge of Opera, Microsoft office and Micros.