Competitive salary+ Other benefits
Full job details
Scope of the Job:-
The Laundry Manager is responsible for ensuring that all laundry services within the property meet the highest possible standards. He/she organizes and controls the laundry department and maintains all relevant records.
Furthermore he/she is responsible for the proper handling of guest and house laundry and establishes standards and procedures to ascertain quality of work performed.
The Laundry Manager also has to check the production methods and procedures and issues necessary orders to correct shortcomings and takes inventory supplies.
Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Manage laundry service operations.
- Prepares reports and coordinates work schedules for laundry operations
- Manage tests on wash formulas and submits test bundles for evaluation
- Manage Staff Uniforms
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials and maintains appropriate records
- Manage the receipt, distribution, repair, storage, collection, and inventory of clothing and linens.
- Coordinates laundry service training programs
- Performs repairs and preventive maintenance on machines and equipment and ensures other repairs and adjustments are made.
- Maintains records on production, time worked, and materials.
- Interviews applicants and makes selection recommendations
- May consult with other departments on laundry services
- Plans, assigns, and/or supervises the work of others.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Manage the overall activities of Housekeeping Operation
- Always maintains high customer service focus through a “Can Do” flexible attitude
- Shall provide courteous and professional service at all times
- Ensure that all housekeeping activities are carried out honestly, ethically
- To be willing and responsible to perform any duties as designated by Management
- To maintain good communication and team spirit in the housekeeping Department
- To have complete understanding of the resort’s rules and regulations
- Follows the department’s and established service sequence at all times
- Knowledge of laundering techniques and procedures; and of fabric and colored material reactions to laundry chemicals and procedures.
- Skill in the operation and maintenance of laundry machinery and equipment; and in the use of soaps, bleaches, and washing solutions.
- Ability to maintain records; to prepare reports; and to plan, assigns, and/or supervises the work of others.
Education, knowledge and technical competencies:-
- High School Diploma or Bachelor degree in hotel management
- Fluent in spoken & written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of handling linen room
- Knowledge of budgeting
- Knowledge of chemicals used at laundry
- Good health, well groomed and with high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times
- Physically strong, energetic and dynamic person with a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control
- Self-motivated, hard-working, sensible, able to work under pressure, pleasant, responsible, independent, initiative, outgoing personality and ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Ensuring and maintaining the productivity level of employees.
- Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Providing services that are above and beyond for guest satisfaction and retention.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service
- Ensures resort policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that operational needs and financial objectives are met.
Minimum of two (2) years' of work experience on the same position with a 5* Resort. Maldives experience would be counted as an advantage.
- High quality staff housing with, Gym, Recreation area, Laundry, Staff Beach, Sports Field
- Annual ticket
- R&R Ticket twice in a year
- Meals in the staff restaurant & in the guest outlet as per the applicable benefit level
- 6 day weeks
30 calendar days annual leave