Scope of Position:
Plans production for the assigned section in the resort, according to menu or special requirements. Supplies recipes for, and suggests methods and procedures to Kitchen hosts. Requisitions supplies and equipment, Maintains production records, Participates in preparing desserts. Training and action plan for new host in the kitchen, keep track for their career growth.
Three or more years of progressive kitchen managerial experience in a leading resort or hotel, and have experience in a luxury lifestyle brand with international exposure. Prior experience as a Sous Chef is preferred. Experience in the luxury market is essential. Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is acceptable.
A Culinary degree from a recognized hospitality school preferred. The incumbent should have spent sufficient time in all necessary sections of the Culinary Department.
Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to deal effectively with guests, management, and other hosts with courtesy and tactfulness. Must possess the ability to access all areas of the facility, including working at various heights on ladders, scaffolding, or lifts also within tight areas, withstand various activities such as frequent walking, standing, and bending, and occasionally carrying items weighing at least fifty (50) lbs. including but not limited to delicate china & glassware. Must participate and successfully complete training and educational programs made available to Six Senses Resorts & Spas Hosts.
English with ability to communicate clearly and knowledge as well as abilities in other languages would be beneficial.
• Directs and controls all subordinate kitchen staff to ensure that all day to day operational matters are handled on time and guest expectations are met.
• Insures that all food production equipment is functioning properly and preventative maintenance is properly scheduled as well as routine maintenance and repairs are carried out efficiently.
• Co-ordinates with Chef De Cuisine in ensuring that the kitchen operations function efficiently and on time, and production quantities are met.
• Can assist in preparation of rosters, training plans, vacation plans and personnel files of the kitchen staff and take over when Chef De Cuisine is absent.
• Monitors the consistency of preparation and presentation of all production areas to ensure that they conform to the requisite standards.
• Liaises with Executive Sous Chef regarding purchasing and supplies to ensure that all food items ordered are of the appropriate quality.
• Assists in the implementation of the annual promotion plan and menu change cycle.
• Helps to ensure that an accurate and up-to-date recipe book is maintained.
• Assists in menu planning, new menu implementation in the restaurants.
• Assists in maintaining standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the respective section and related areas.
• Assists in the controlling and monitoring of all kitchen expenses.
• Prepares and submits reports as directed by superiors.
• Conduct frequent checks ensuring mise-en-place, production procedures, repair and maintenance, host grooming and manning levels are in order and takes appropriate action where necessary.
• Assists in the selection, training and evaluation of hosts.
• Coaches, counsels, disciplines and develops hosts.
• Can DO ! is committed and always striving for the CAN DO commitment.
• Contributes to the morale and team spirit of the resort by maintaining effective relationships with colleagues.
• Performs additional duties as directed by superiors. These may include duties at any Six Senses Resort and Spa property.
• Makes appropriate suggestions and recommendations to management for the general improvement of the resort.
• Is fully conversant with all health and safety, fire and emergency procedures.
• Maintains a high standard of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, and body language.
• Is polite and professional in any situation where the image or reputation of the hotel is represented.
• Attends meetings and training as required by managers.
• Ensures that all activities are carried out honestly, ethically, and within the parameters of local law.
• Interacts with guests actively soliciting feedback.