DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare the costing for recipes and menus prepared by the Executive Chef and suggest the selling price, yield test, etc, as and when required.
- Prepare daily flash report of food costs and verify daily outlet void control sheets
- Attend major banquet events with open bar, prepare P&L statement of major banqueting events and prepare banquet revenue breakdown summaries
- Randomly test the inventory of outlets by reconciling the opening stock with the closing stock, taking account of store issues and sales
- Verify and control complimentary bar order forms, a Food & Beverage cost, fruit baskets in the rooms, etc.
- Recognizing & understanding differences & trends
- Planning for business & analyses the needs of the operation Check product shelf life and notify concerned on the expiry/slow moving items etc. To conduct spot checks in the receiving stores, food production and outlet areas Market Survey to be done every 6 months. Analysis of A&G, A&P (entertainment)/Officer Checks on a daily basis Supervising Storekeeper/ Inventory/Receiving Clerks & operations. Prepare Month end inventory and consumption reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the departmental budget and to control costs within the department.
- Liaise with the F&B Management to review Menu costing at least, once in 03 months & assist the F&B Manager & Executive Chef in Menu engineering methodology
- Review all Supplier invoices for proper documentation for GRN, Purchase Request, Purchase Order, for all items received by the Resort before submission to the accounts Department for processing payments ( Invoice Booking process in FMC)
- He shall be responsible to update the prices in Micros after approval.
- Must be proficient in English and the local language in writing speaking and negotiating. Must be proactive and enjoy the tasks described above.
- Product knowledge of items used in hospitality industry and various brands
- Knowledge about Manual handling, Food Safety and HACCP practices.