Jr Executive Sous Chef
- Operationally responsible for all A-La-Carte kitchens
- Point of contact for all outlet chefs under his responsibility for operational issues.
- Implements concepts set in place by Executive Chef by working alongside Outlet Chefs until the point of completion.
- Develops product and ensures outlets are up to date and modern in their product delivery
- Proposes more efficient ways for Chef de Cuisines to maximise productivity and use of products.
- Ability to run the operation during the absence of Executive Chef.
- Controls food cost in all outlets under his responsibility.
- The ability to plan and develop menus for those outlets under your responsibility considering factors such as product availability, service cost, marketing conditions, number to be served, etc
- Ensure outlet chefs follow correct preparation and presentation methods for all food items prepared.
- Creates and implements recipe cards and SOP's in outlets under your responsibility and ensures they are followed by Outlet Chefs
- The ability to evaluate and amend where necessary employee work schedules to reflect operating forecasts and to keep within budgeted figures.
- Acts as the culinary trainer in the department.
- The ability to hire, train, discipline, supervise and organise all kitchen personnel on a regular basis.
- The ability to complete and provide performance evaluations for all outlet chefs alongside Executive Chef.
- Holds daily briefings in all outlets under his responsibility to improve and streamline communication between senior and junior level.
- The ability to treat employees at every level fairly and consistently to achieve high morale and minimum turnover.
- Ensure that hygiene standards as met at all times in all A la carte kitchens.
- Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of all food preparation equipment.
- Ensures work environments are safe for employees and liaises with concerned departments as and when necessary.
- Develops an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality for all team members in the department.
- The ability to monitor and review food presentations and make suggestions for needed changes to direct superior.
- The ability to communicate with Executive Chef on a regular basis and engage in constructive discussion as and when required.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.