A leading Hotel chain in East Africa is looking for a highly competent, ambitious and dynamic person to fill the position of a Chief Engineer in its flagship property. The candidate should be a hands on experienced hotelier.
The successful applicants should have the following profile:
- Thorough knowledge of building services, mechanical, electrical, civil and related equipment and working knowledge of all other plant, equipment and utilities.
- Knowledge and experience in implementation of various refurbishment and retrofitting projects.
- Energy & environment conservation techniques.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- High on value systems such as integrity and honesty.
- Highly motivated, pro-active and well-organized.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Experience: 8-10 years post qualification experience in Engineering, operation and maintenance service areas. At least 2 years at Head of Department level with a 250-300 bed rooms, preferably a 5 star resort hotel of repute or at least 4 years at Assistant Chief Engineer level.
- Ability to professionally co-ordinate with Consultants such as architects, engineers and designers and contractors during renovation & refurbishment works.
- Age: 30-35 years.
- Personality: Dynamic, energetic, resilient, ability to get to the heart of problems and see through resolution.
Main duties and responsibilities: -
- Implement planned preventive maintenance programs and annual maintenance contracts.
- Ensure a fast turnaround of downtime in guest service equipment.
- Monitor and control R & M procurements within par stock levels.
- Forecast cost consolidation and budgets.
- Identify and advice on any equipment that needs maintenance contract and recommend possible options.
- Draw and implement energy conservation policy.
- Ensure contractors and suppliers are paid in time.
- Prepare monthly departmental reports.
- Coordinate training in the department.
- Ensure routine servicing of operating equipment.
- Ensure that all maintenance stocks are stored under the correct conditions.
- Uphold the Health and safety standards.
- Adhere to the waste management standards as per the environmental authority requirements.
- Ensure all R&M staff are well groomed and use all the necessary working equipment and protective clothing at all times.
- Ensure that the duty rota, leave schedule and attendance registers are adhered to.
- Maintain discipline in the department.
- Conduct performance appraisals and identify staff training needs
- Identify high performers in the department for reward and recognition.
- Conduct regular inspections to ensure that decor, furnishing and maintenance requirements are actioned.
- Plan for manpower, material and operational stocks.
- Ensure that all project records are up-to-date and kept in accordance with company and statutory regulations.
- Comply with all company procedures for movement of company assets.
- Take the necessary action and complete relevant documentation in the event of fire, vehicle accidents, theft or burglary.
- Any other duty assigned by your seniors.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate together with accommodation and expatriate benefits.
If you are interested in working with a reputable hotel chain and you meet the above minimum qualifications, then we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that offers employees a challenging and dynamic work environment that fosters personal and professional growth.