Engineering - Mason
Full job details
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Maintenance professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a Mason you are responsible for skilled masonry work, maintain and repair masonry / civil job around the hotel e.g. public area and guests’ room area and ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Carry out all tiles grouting and blocking and other assigned civil works duties within the complex
• Carry out preventive maintenance schedules for masonry jobs as directed by Superiors
• Repair, maintain and alter buildings, retaining walls and other brick or stone edifices
• Mix mortar, lay bricks and stones or concrete sidewalks and make and repair steps
• Patch and replace brick or stonework chimneys
• Install and repair tile floors or walls
• Read blueprints and plaster ceilings or walls
• Estimate masonry jobs and carry out carpentry work incidental to masonry work.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally be having a technical background with sound experiences in the masonry field. You should be able to work under policies and regulations and must be in good physical condition. A good command of English and the ability to find fault and rectify systems are essentials.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be self motivated with a hands-on and flexible approach and be able to adapt to unpredictable events. You are pro-active and reliable and will thrive working in a busy environment and stay calm under pressure, have attention to details and should possess following competencies:
Understanding the job