Assistant Chief Accountant
SPECIFIC DUTIES: 1.To ensure that the relevant support to a day's transactions are complete and have been verified for the Owner’s Representative and Owning Company review and signature.
2. To prepare all monthly financial reporting and analysis.
3. To compile budgets and forecasts and to aid Heads of Departments by providing historical data or support details.
4. To assist in the preparation of special statistical reports which Management or Owning Company may require.
6. To be fully acquainted with the accounting system, policies and procedures of the Hotel.
7. To be thoroughly familiar with the duties and responsibilities of all the accounting employees under his supervision.
8. To set guidelines and deadline dates for each employee's monthly work in order to ensure timely, financial reporting.
9. To ensure that an organized, up-to-date filing system is maintained for all pertinent financial records.
10. To assist in reviewing all of the Accounting Department's daily mail, including all incoming and outgoing Accounts Receivable correspondence.
11. To take surprise counts (at least once a month) of the General Cashier's float, petty cash and other major imprested funds and to report differences to the Controller.
12. To handle all problems of the accounting office with the exception of those, which have to be referred to the upper management.
13. Perform related duties and special projects as assigned
- Consistently provides and maintains the highest standard of guest care and service.
- Ensures that you and all reporting staff maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming at all times.
- Ensure that designated uniforms are worn, well pressed and in a good state of repair and to ensure that name badges are worn at all times.
- Assists your Department Head/Supervisor in maintaining and updating the departmental Service Standards Manual.
- Ensures that you and all reporting staff demonstrate the required Service Standards.
- Assists your Department Head/Supervisor in regularly monitoring staff performance against agreed criteria.
- Have a good knowledge of all hotel facilities and be able to answer guest questions in a quick, polite and helpful manner.
- Handles any guest complaints or problems promptly and to ensure that all resolved/unresolved incidents are reported to your Department Head/Supervisor.
- Ensures company, hotel and statutory rules, regulations and policies are adhered to at all times.
- Acts on your responsibilities for Health and Safety at work.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of fire prevention and to ensure that employees follow the hotel evacuation procedures on hearing the alarm.
- Be security conscious with respect to guest, staff and hotel property/welfare and to report suspicious circumstances to your Department Head/Supervisor.
- Ensures the departmental area is maintained in a safe, hygienic and presentable state and to report any damage to furniture, fittings and equipment to your Department Head/Supervisor.
- Communicates positively with staff, colleagues and your Department Head/Supervisor to ensure effective teamwork and high morale.
- Attends meetings and training sessions/courses that may be beneficial to you and your department.
- Assists your Department Head/Supervisor with the Orientation of new members of staff.
- Assists your Department Head/Supervisor in rostering staff effectively.
- Effectively supervise the departmental operation whilst on duty.
- Deputises for your Department Head/Supervisor in his absence.
- Handles staff grievance and disciplinary matters to the agreed hotel standard.
He shall not at any time during the term of this agreement or thereafter disclose to any person any information related to the affairs of the Employer or any of its customers.
- Must have more than 5 year experience.
Knowledge computer specially hotel software like Opera, Fidelio, Sun, MC & Excel + word & very good English literary