Executive Sous Chef - Award Winning Luxury Resort - Indian Ocean
- Up to Euros 4000 per month net + excellent expat Benefits
- Managing production & presentation for a la carte & buffet
- One of Indian Ocean's leading and award-winning resorts
- Single or Married status considered
- Preference given to candidates who have worked in remote or island locations
- Single or Married Status
- Age preference 30 - 40
- Very hands on role
Our client is managing a luxury award-winning resort in the Indian Ocean and we are looking for an Executive Sous Chef to lead and manage the kitchen operation directing multiple outlets and room service.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, you will lead a team of dedicated chefs from a variety of backgrounds and cultures and setting benchmarking standards within the region. You must have excellent cross-cultural communication skills and must have a high level of written and spoken English.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong working background with experience gained in leading International resorts, cruise ships or hotels around the world. You will have a minimum of 5 years Kitchen management experience and will be a strong leader with a passion and flair for running a busy kitchen and developing your team to the highest standard.
- International Luxury Hotel or Resort background
- Remote location or Island experience is a definite advantage
- Minimum 10-12 years kitchen management experience
- Strong English language skills (written, spoken)
- Proven career development and progression
- Control and manage stocks
- Manage the rosters
- Mentor, train and guide the kitchen team of about 100
- Create new recipes
- Develop new promotions and menus with the Executive Chef
- Implement and control of hygiene and cleanliness standards
- Clear understanding of high-end a la carte and buffet concepts
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Strong communicator with clear vision and thorough understanding of the organizational chart
- Detailed eye to benchmark standards and quality
- Flexible, outgoing and a firm operator
- Strong and detailed business acumen for kitchen
- Confident in budgeting, cost control and purchasing
- Passion for food and presentation
In return for your skills and experience, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and full expatriate conditions.
If the above sounds like your ideal job, please send a detailed CV and recent photograph via the link below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Stuart Chase on email@example.com