Laundry Attendant - In House Laundry- Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the West Crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals that conjure up images of the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort boasts 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences, Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East and a collection of six diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences.About the Role
An exciting position has arisen for a Laundry Attendant to join us in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. The main purpose of this role is to service the guest rooms and public areas keeping the guest floors and pantries to the standard of cleanliness.
Your duties will include:
- Sort out all soiled linens into different wash load.
- Use correct formula program for wash process.
- Operate all laundry machines correctly as per operating manuals.
- All guest and staff laundry must be checked and tagged by the marking machine.
- Make sure to use the correct colour marking tape when marking guest and staff laundry.
- All the uniforms must be checked and processed in the correct wash formula.
- Guest and colleague laundry should be pressed correctly always maintaining Quality.
- Make sure all the guest laundry is checked and packed before delivery.
- Items should be thoroughly checked and stains to be treated before washing/dry clean.
- Make sure all the production sheets are filled out correctly.
- Pick up and deliver all guest laundry items in a timely and professional manner.
- Keep the laundry clean and tidy.
- Use equipment and chemicals in the correct manner as detailed in the Material Data Sheets, on the equipment/ container/ in SOPs.
- To record daily work in an appropriate log book
- To record all discarded line in appropriate log book
- To attend the training and communication meetings as per schedules and update the monthly training records.
- To update the attendance register accurately.
- Answer the telephone in the tailor room professionally as per the Jumeirah standard.
- Executes any other task that may be required by the department.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have the genuine interest in assisting others, and enjoy working with people. Apart from these you should also have: