Chef De Partie - Culinary - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.About the role
An exciting position has arisen for a Chef de Partie to join the Culinary team based at the Burj Al Arab.
Your main purpose will be to ensure the smooth running of your section of responsibility and see that all areas are maintained following Burj Al Arab standards.
Your duties main will include:
- Ensure proper daily ingredient preparation of menu items within the station.
- Manage food production and waste generated by Commis chefs.
- Give food preparation tasks to Commis chefs and monitor that they are carried out in the correct manner.
- Keep the section clean and sanitized, while following HACCP principals.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
In order to be considered for this role you must have at least 3 years experience in a restaurant or 5-star hotel, and must be competent in executing all five basic cooking methods. i.e. - grilling, sautéing, steaming, braising & roasting.