Oriental Pastry Chef (Arabic Sweets) - InterContinental Riyadh
Full job details
Do you see yourself working as a Oriental Pastry Chef at InterContinental Riyadh?
What's your passion? Whether you're into Tennis, Karaoke or Scuba Diving, at the InterContinental Hotels Group we're interested in YOU! At IHG hotels we apply the same amount of care and passion to our jobs as we do our hobbies - people who put their guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like you to join our friendly and professional team.
InterContinental Riyadh is downtown’s premier business address and a luxurious oasis in the heart of Riyadh. Awe-inspiring interiors create an unequaled environment for work and leisure offering Innovative culinary experience and sophisticated meeting and conference facilities that can accommodate anything from a small board meeting room to a conference for 1500 guests ensuring every request is met.
As an Oriental Pasty Chef at InterContinental Riyadh, you core responsibility will be for the preparation of introduction of quality Arabic Sweets, such as; Umm Ali. Umm Ali, Egyptian sweet pastry pudding, Basbousa, Kunafeh, Baklava, Aish El-Saraya, Zainab Fingers, Balah El Sham, Luqmat El Qadi, Rice pudding, Qatayef etc.You will be reporting directly to the Executive Chef or his delegate. At the InterContinental Riyadh we are sure to provide you with all the tools and training to live your passion.
As Oriental Pastry Chef in InterContinental Riyadh, your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all pastry dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations.
- Control labor costs within assigned kitchen department.
- Controls all food requisitions and orders to ensure proper quantities and best quality is purchased.
- Communicates politely and display courtesy to guests and internal customers.
- Establish and maintain guest relation, deal effectively with guest and take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
- Ensure guest needs and reasonable requests are met.
- Ensure that equipments, stores and working areas are in proper operational condition and cleaned on a regular basis.
- Maintain high quality of food up to the hotel standard.
- Ensure all set of standard for hygiene; sanitation and safety are followed all times.
Qualifications and Technical Skills
A minimum of 2-5 years experience in a similar capacity at any star class international hotel chain. Relevant qualifications or certifications are an added advantage. English being the common language used between colleagues, basic knowledge of the Arabic and Hindi languages will also be advantageous
Considering your experience and competency for this particular role we would offer you an attractive basic salary, medical insurance, accommodation and access to healthcare, recreational facilities and duty meals.
In addition to this we guarantee you performance based career advancement opportunities, job promotions and other incentives and transfers that are not only restricted to our particular brand but any of the other 7 brands of the InterContinental Hotel Group. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of individuals. Most importantly, we'll give you the 'room to be yourself' and the 'room to grow'.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.