Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
Spa & Recreations
• Responsible for achieving retail sales targets as set by the Spa Director/Spa Supervisor.
• Ensure aftercare recommendations are made at the end of every treatment, linking with client concerns and offering to prepare products at reception for purchase.
• Encourage clients to return to the spa by recommending an ongoing treatment program and cross selling the other business centers in the spa. Maintain a sound knowledge of all treatments, packages and any promotions.
• Participate in demonstrations/ events as required.
• Ensure that daily sales figures are accurately recorded.
• Perform all treatments at an exceptional standard, as per the Shine Spa protocols and standards taught in training, whilst tailoring to the client’s specific needs.
• Update own knowledge of products and treatment brand standards, outside of formal training by Product houses and Spa Supervisor.
• Carry out an in-depth consultation with each client prior to treatment, ensuring medical history and concerns are identified.
• Protect the guest experience by moving quietly around the treatment room and in corridors.
• Use the correct quantities of products as specified by the manufacturer and not exceed that amount.
• Maintain linen and product levels in the treatment rooms, ensuring trolleys are stocked, clean and organized as per the spa standards.
• Follow treatment room opening and closing procedures correctly, reporting any maintenance issues to the Duty Manager.
• Maintain the highest standard of guest service by following Shine Spa protocols and displaying genuine care and attention to detail.
• Consistently record guest preferences, accurately updating guest profiles and communicating any relevant information to colleagues.
• Ensure confidentiality at all times including data protection, medical details and any information provided in confidence by the client.
• Report any guest complaints to the Duty Manager so that they can be handled promptly and effectively.
• Perform all treatments in a professional, hygienic and safe manner for all clients, updating knowledge and training regularly.
• Responsible for the cleanliness, sterilization and hygiene of all equipment, products and linens in the treatment and preparation areas, following Shine Spa protocols.
• Day to day responsibility for equipment, products, cleanliness and hygiene of the treatment and preparation areas.
• Receive training on all relevant legislation pertaining to the Health and Safety at Work Law and Health and Hygiene standards.
• Act responsibly at all times in relation to personal safety along with the safety of colleagues and guests of the spa.
• Support the Spa Attendants where required in maintaining cleanliness and hygiene in the spa facilities.
• Maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene as laid down by the Spa Director.
• Always be punctual and prepared in advance of treatments.
• Support all departments in the spa including covering reception and spa attendant duties as and when required.
• Must adhere to training as set down by the Spa Supervisor attend all training courses as deemed necessary.
• Consider every situation as a marketing opportunity to showcase the hotel products and services
• Previous experience in 5 star international hotel chain at least 2 years;
• Previous GCC experience is an advantage;
• Certified international spa therapist and/ specific treatment skills;
• Have a high level of emotional intelligence to adapt to various cultural settings and situations;
• Must be able to speak and write in English;
• Communicates effectively at all levels assertively;
• Play as a team and put the efforts of the team members before your own;
• Have immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability;
• Able to adapt to sudden changes in operation;