Translated from Arabic, Meydan means ‘a meeting place’. Meydan Hotels, through its collection of luxury hotels & resorts, provides its guests and customers with a myriad of unique and iconic places to meet.
Whether it is a meeting of minds at a board meeting or a meeting of hearts at a wedding reception, Meydan Hotels has unrivalled venues that make its properties the place to meet.
Meydan Hotels not only personifies warm, authentic yet modern Arabian hospitality; it also represents luxury, elegance, space, style, action and serenity.
With its home in Meydan City, a prestigious new business, sporting and lifestyle destination in Dubai, Meydan Hotels is ideally situated at the epicenter of one of the world’s most exhilarating destinations. Its portfolio currently includes The Meydan Hotel and Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa in Dubai.
Responsible for the sourcing, evaluation and negotiation for one group of commodity and service to achieve value for money at the lowest total cost of ownership and best competitive position for the company in accordance with best practice of Procurement.
1. Purchasing according to the required time scale based on lead-time required for supply. Purchases of stock and non stocks good and services.
2. Selection of hotel suppliers on various quality approved and level of service and pricing.
3. Examines and analyzes departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information; contacts department or initiator to clarify for complete information.
4. Assisting all the Store and Senior Managers sourcing the goods and services. Liaise with Executive Chef with day today purchase of perishable goods.
5. Clearing imported goods from the customs authority with necessary required documents.
6. Ensure all the good and service required by the hotel bring with proper approved purchase request and purchase order.
7. Suppliers follow up for undelivered goods based on LPOs.
8. Keeps updated with the latest industry trends and new product in the market. HR Responsibilities:
9. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
10. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
11. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
12. Support the Department & Team including the maintenance of HACCP, Hygiene & Health Safety Standard
13. Calculate the savings from cost effective purchasing by a constant price comparison and unambiguos proof of the above
14. Periodically conduct market survey and give recommendations for improving the standards of materials, equipments, methods and services in cooperation with the heads of departments
- Previous experience in a similar role in UAE
- Computer Literate with good MS Excel skills and ADACO system