General Cashier is Accountable for all funds including the petty cash & house funds. Receives, counts & deposits daily cash sales & other collections
- Along with a witness General Cashier collects cashiers remittance envelopes from the deposits safe, counts the money to verify contents and duly ensures that envelopes’ amount tally with those in the log book.
- Ascertains that all foreign currency received by cashiers are remitted & tallies these to the cashiers’ report on foreign exchange received.
- Summarizes cash sales & collections in the General Cashiers Report.
- Providing the due back to the front office cashiers.
- Depositing cash sales & foreign currency to the bank. Filing and maintaining the deposit voucher in his office.
- Forwarding the deposit voucher to the Night Auditor for posting into the system.
- Maintains adequate supply of change for cashiers.
- Providing smaller denomination to the outlet cashiers.
- Keep custody of petty cash & pays petty cash reimbursements.
- Maintaining the IOU register.
- General will be coordinating with the bank like collecting bank statement, returned checks etc.
- Performs other related functions assigned by the Financial Controller.