Crew Purser - Oceania Cruises
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Oceania Cruises, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. Our onboard staff is meticulously trained in the art of Signature Service and share a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience in the cruise industry. They are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our guests onboard.
ABOUT OCEANIA CRUISES
Formed in 2002, Oceania Cruises is the world’s largest upper premium cruise line. The Finest Cuisine at Sea, Destination Immersion Specialists and Intimate & Luxurious Ships are the pillars that define Oceania Cruises’ five-star product, positioning the line as the cruise company of choice for travelers seeking a truly refined and casually elegant travel experience. Featuring a fleet of six (6) warm and luxurious ships, Oceania Cruises offers an unrivaled vacation experience renowned for its gourmet culinary program inspired by Master Chef Jacques Pépin and its array of destination-rich itineraries spanning the globe. Seasoned world travelers are drawn to Oceania Cruises’ diverse voyages, which call on more than 330 ports across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific and the Americas. https://www.oceaniacruises.com/
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Pro-active approach to problem solving;
- Treats crew members as the internal customer
- Ultimately Responsible for all operations within the Crew Office.
- Supervise, train and guide Second Purser Crew and Crew Administrator.
- Audit Crew Administrator and Second Purser Crew floats.
- Responsible for ships clearance for all crew related matters.
- Arrange visas with port agents for crew sign offs.
- Attend ship's clearance taking care of all crew related issues with agents and authorities.
- Arrange transportation and hotel for sign off crew members with port agent.
- Crew departure tasks with exception of sending / distribution of crew manifests & movement.
- Sign on crew members.
- Ensure all Sign on procedures are completed correctly after sign on.
- Ensure all Sign off procedures are completed correctly after sign off.
- Schedule and lead the sign off briefing.
- Escort crew through the terminal in US ports.
- Assist crew with payroll queries during crew office hours.
- Process all FOB requests, ensuring correct criteria etc.
- Authorize passports to crew with Department head's authority.
- Vacation schedule – send out, collate comments, requests etc. and communicate with shore side HR.
- Crew Cabin Assignments.
- OCI Uniform requisitions for replacement uniforms and ensure all parameters are met etc.
- Ultimately responsible for the Entire Payroll process.
- Activate crew payroll contracts in MXP.
- Review expense Reports prepared by Second Purser Crew prior to requesting Chief Purser signature.
- Verify US taxes have been deducted for all US residents on payroll by comparing to MXP tax report for those with SS #s.
- Double check Crew sign off dates to payroll ending dates and ensure the sign off pay calculation is correct.
- All bank wires – set up, approval and balancing mid and eom reports in MXP.
- All Administration in Travel Ex website for mid month wires.
- Run & Balance all Mid and EOM reports.
- Check the balance of Payroll Journal Entry to Additions & Deductions Sheet.
- Double check the 12 months contract paid onboard in the current month.
- Balance cash advance to actual cash after sign offs, Mid and EOM cash advances.
- Prepare EOM payroll package and obtain Chief Purser signature.
- Ensure all payroll packages are retained / destroyed in accordance with the retention policy
- Facilitates the training of new Crew Pursers;
- Train and support Second Purser Crew and Crew Administrator
- Will participate in crew and passenger safety drills according to instructions from ship's command;
- Comply with company safety and pollution prevention regulations;
- Microsoft Office Suite, Fidelio Cruise, Micros Fidelio Point of Sale and MXP
- Understanding of the highest level of service;
- Excellent administrative skills;
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills.
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Outgoing personality, open minded and flexible
- Able to work 7 days a week
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Oceania Cruises’ policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.