GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Bartender is responsible for providing beverage service in accordance with the Company standards while also incorporating excellent sales techniques to generate revenue for the Bar Department. Responsible for the immediate supervision of the Bar Waiters and other personnel assigned to their particular bar area.
- Maintains inventory levels, cleanliness and organization for assigned bar.
- Must be able to work in a public bar and lounge, service bar and crew bar.
- Responsible for assisting with achieving the departmental guest satisfaction targets for the bar department. These targets include Bar and Lounge Service and Bar and Lounge Drink Quality.
- Responsible for assisting with achieving the departmental revenue targets for the Bar Department as established by the Corporate Office.
- Responsible for assisting with achieving the department cost of sales targets for the Bar Department as established by the Corporate Office.
- Ensures that back bar set up and beverage displays in assigned area are according to Company guidelines.
- Ensures that the Company policy regarding drink age is always followed.
- Responsible for preparing drinks according to the standard recipes.
- Ensures that work area is kept neat, clean and organized at all times and all pertinent USPH regulations, SEMS regulations, CPH regulations and UPKH regulations are upheld in assigned bar area.
- Responsible for properly accounting for food and/or beverage sales in the POS terminal.
- Conducts inventory at the end of each voyage for assigned bar area. Responsible for overages and shortages of product.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum one year of experience as a Bartender for a large cruise ship or high-volume luxury hotel or resort is required.
- Minimum one year of experience working in a high-volume bar operation is required.
- Minimum one year of experience with maintaining bar inventories is required.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of point of sales systems is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; and other languages are preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced Typing and Computer software Skills: Microsoft Word & Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, IBM AS400, Fidelio, Micros.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Completion of an accredited Bartender Certification Program from a recognized educational institution is required.
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.