DUKES DUBAI is located in the heart of New Dubai on the trunk of the Palm, amidst a residential estate and will comprise both a hotel and apartments. The hotel is just 10 minutes’ drive from Dubai Marina and Sheikh Zayed Road, and 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport. It enjoys spectacular beach front views and access to Oceana’s resort facilities.
DUKES DUBAI will proudly rely on Dukes London - the multi-award winning flagship hotel, situated in the heart of London St. James, blending quintessential British charm and cosmopolitan luxury, to create a stunning residence and hotel in Dubai and establish unrivalled British elegance and comfort in Dubai. Our residential community at DUKES promises an ‘all-in-one’ way of life that combines luxury, convenience, privacy, and peace of mind. It will be a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life, where guests will be treated to an impressive array of first-class amenities and services.
All of our 279 rooms and 227 apartments have been designed with the modern sophisticated traveller and business investor in mind. Bedrooms feature king size beds, walk-in wardrobes and beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The kitchens in our Studios and Apartments are chic in design and fully equipped with top-of-the-range appliances, offering stunning accommodation and living areas at one of the most desirable locations on Palm Dubai.
Proud sister hotel of Dukes London, voted England’s Leading Hotel for the third time in a row at the World Travel Awards.
We are currently looking for Chief Concierge.
As Chief Concierge you will be in control of providing a personalized service beyond compare and ensuring the guest is welcomed and greeted with enthusiasm. You will provide direction to guests attending meetings and functions. The purpose of this role is to ensure all guests are given a warm, friendly, courteous, informative and efficient service as well as to supervise/manage the Concierge operation ensuring that standards are maintained and maximum guest satisfaction is achieved.
You will be responsible for ensuring our lobby area is maintained according to our DUKES standard included but not limited to maintaining the overall appearance of lobby areas, monitoring cleanliness, appropriate lighting, music, scent, and television displays.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The Chief Concierge will maintain a professional & friendly manner to communicate with the guests. He/she will be a reference for the guest who will find that he/she is the right person to contact because he/she inspires a friendly, safe & professional feeling.
- Consistently deliver a product and service to meet the quality, standards and expectations of customers
- Gains the guests’ trust by being present, available to listen and help.
- Ensure that all guest queries and requests for information are handled efficiently.
- Supervise the luggage services ensuring a smooth and efficient operation with no delay or damage.
- Ensure that all information in Opera Telephone Book on restaurants, bars, airlines, shopping malls and hotel facilities, are kept up to date at all times.
- Ensure that complaints are attended to promptly and handled in a professional manner according to DUKES standards.
- Ensure that all colleagues report for duty punctually and wearing the correct uniform and nametag at all times. Be well informed at all times about any information that might be useful to the guests (i.e. events in town, new restaurants and bars, sport and sightseeing etc.) and to pass the knowledge on to his team.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in the Hotel Industry (5-star hotel preferable)
- Previous Front Office management experience in a large hotel with at least 300 keys in a luxury property required. Pre-opening experience is an advantage and fully competent on PMS system, preferably Opera.
- Spontaneous and empathic
- A high level of personal maturity is vital for this position
- Good visual memory
- At ease in a multi-cultural environment
- Confident speaking skills. Proficient in English and additional languages
Should you believe that you are the right candidate for the role, please apply on this website ONLY by submitting a cover letter, and your full updated CV, featuring a recent photograph. Candidates not meeting this requirements will not be considered. Applications sent directly by email will be disqualified.
DUKES DUBAI is an equal opportunities employer committed to the promotion of equality in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, the provision of training and career development opportunities.