Whitbread PLC is the UK's largest Hotel and Restaurant Company operating market-leading businesses in the budget hotels and restaurant sectors. Its brands include Premier Inn and Costa Coffee to name a few.
Whitbread PLC employs over 33,000 people and serves 9 million customers every month in its 1,800 outlets across the UK. We currently have 3 Dubai hotels and 1 new hotel in Abu Dhabi, which will increase in numbers to 2 by early 2013. The Dubai hotels are located at Dubai International Airport, Dubai Investments Park and Dubai Silicon Oasis. The Abu Dhabi hotels are Premier Inn – Abu Dhabi Capital Centre located at ADNEC and we will be shortly be opening Premier Inn - Abu Dhabi International Airport, with further short-term expansion plans for Qatar.
Housekeeping Managers Profile:
To manage the hotel’s housekeeping operation, ensure delivery of Premier Inn standards and achieve the business objectives in addition to ensuring that every guest has an enjoyable and comfortable stay at the hotel.
1. Manage the housekeeping, maintenance and swimming pool operations to ensure Premier Inn standards are delivered at all times.
2. Control all housekeeping, maintenance and swimming pool related costs in line with budgets in order to achieve profit targets.
3. Ensure correct servicing and cleaning of all areas is undertaken in line with brand standards.
4. Ensure that the planned maintenance programme is undertaken by maintenance team /contractors in line with budget and programme requirements.
5. Live and communicate the Goodnight Guarantee, ensuring customer complaints are dealt with and recorded according to Premier Inn standards.
6. Ensure positive working relationships and good levels of communication are maintained between housekeeping, maintenance and the swimming pool teams along with all other departments in the hotel.
7. Manage the recruitment, training and development activity of all housekeeping, maintenance and swimming pool team members.
8. Ensure health and safety, fire and security procedures are in place and all team members are trained to comply with regulations.
9. Ensure that all statutory routine health and safety and fire regulation tests and checks are made and recorded.
10. Ensure the protection of all assets within the hotel and adherence to the procedures in place to maintain such assets.
11. Ensure an effective system is in place for maintaining high levels of guest and team security.
12. Forecast business trends and maintain appropriate departmental staffing levels within budget.
13. Carry out duty management as required and ensure operational excellence for all areas of the hotel.
14. Carry out any ad hoc requests from General Manager. This may include undertaking project work which will benefit the department/business.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Graduate level or equivalent.
• At least 3 / 4 years rooms management experience.
• Proficient in English.
• High personal standards with attention to detail.
• Experience of working with budgets and financial data.
• Experience of successfully leading a team.
• New openings experience advantageous.
Critical Job Competencies:
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Good level of numeracy and literacy and able to use PC.
• Initiative and drive for results.
• Ability to analyse and interpret data.
• Excellent motivational and leadership skills.
• Good team player.
• Good planning and organizational skills.
Graduate level education or equivalent experience.
This role would suit an individual who has passion and drive in customer service and exacting high standards of housekeeping. Excellent communication skills both face to face and over the telephone with guests, suppliers and internal departments. The successful candidate must have good planning and rooms’ division management. With the ability to lead and develop people whilst showing empathy and gaining their trust.
If you would like to be part of the Premier Inn Middle East Team, then please send us your CV. For information on our hotels, please go to www.premierinn.ae