Guest Relations Executive (Hostess) - Food & Beverage - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.About the role:
An exciting role has arisen in the Burj Al Arab for a highly motivated and hard working individual. The main purpose of this position is to be responsible for greeting & guiding all guests visiting the restaurant in the relevant outlet, ensure personalized welcoming for all diners. Coordinate table allocation and flow of bookings, actively promoting F&B offering, taking bookings, menu printing, buffet labels and other administrational tasks.
Your main duties will include:
- Meeting & greeting guest visiting the hotel and the restaurants or banquet functions
- Actively promoting the F&B offering of the hotel and offering to handle reservations
- Menu printing
- Follow up on administrational tasks
- Offering welcome arrival experience
- Escorting to table while explaining buffet offering
- Ascertain satisfaction of table
- Ascertain additional requirements of pashmina, reading glasses, bag hanger etc.
- Ensuring full registration addressing the guest by name
- Follow up on payment of group bookings
- Extending farewell whilst inviting guests back to return
- Table allocation
- Assisting other F&B outlets when ever needed
- Ensure that s/he adheres to all hotel and company standards, Business conduct and ethics, policies and procedures including Health, Hygiene & Safety, HACCP
In order to be considered for this role, you should at least high college graduate. Minimum of 1 year experience in 5 star hotel or similar environment. Previous receptionist or hostess experience in hospitality industry. High level of verbal and written English is essential. Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge in Micros and Opera is desirable.