Sommelier - Pierchic - Jumeirah Restaurant Group
Full job details
At Jumeirah Group, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Restaurant Group (JRG) is a global restaurant management company of Jumeirah Group based in Dubai that creates, operates and franchises a portfolio of over 30 restaurants and bars. JRG operates home-grown high-end, premium casual and casual dining venues and lounges, including Pierchic, Perry & Blackwelders Smokehouse, Pai Thai, 360°, and The Noodle House. At JRG, we are committed to recruiting the best talent in the business, in order to deliver restaurant and bar experiences that are high-energy, fun, and cool and of the utmost quality.About the Role
A unique position has arisen for a highly talented Sommelier at Pierchic Restaurant located in Madinat Jumeirah. The main purpose of this role is to ensure consistency of high standard is maintained in the wine stocks, the wine lists, the wine knowledge and the wine service in the outlet.
Your main duties will include:
- Drive sales through up-selling and incentive programs, and tailoring wine recommendations to guests based on their preferences.
- Ensure standards mentioned below are known and respected by all restaurant and bar employees.
- Review the service standards on a monthly basis and advise the outlet manager on the following topics:
- Wine list presentation
- Wine service and clearance
- Recommending wines – matching food & wine
- Wine stocks
- Ensure that the wine list must be balanced for varietals and wine growing regions, concept appropriate, in harmony with the food offerings, and commensurate with the expectations of the Madinat Jumeirah guests.
- Ensure minimum par stocks are maintained.
- Review of stock turnover for quality and quantity on a daily basis.
- Ensure a continuous respect of all health and hygiene standards.
- Keep records of the guest comments related to wines as well as wine sales and promotional sales.
- Participating in the forecast and budget of the wines.
- Encourage sales through maintaining high quality of product & service and improving the sales techniques with the employees.
- Participation in employees evaluations and appraisals.
- Ensure all sommeliers are trained according to the hotel standards.
- Ensure that guests expectation are always met.
In order to be considered for the role you will be WSET Level 3 qualified and will have worked in a similar role in a fine dining 5* environment for at least 8 years. Hotel experience is a pre-requisite. A proven track record of wine list development and management of wine stocks is essential and experience in bar operations is an advantage.
Experience essential in:
Compiling wine lists.
Training and maintaining standards on cocktails.
Leading a team.
Outlets with more than 250 covers per day.
You should possess an internationally recognized Bachelor's Degree and will be confident using the Microsoft Office suite. In addition to strong spoken business English, fluency in Mandarin, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian or German would be an advantage.