Sales Agent - Restaurant Reservation - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.About the role
An opportunity has arisen for a Sales Agent to join the Restaurant Reservations team at Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of this role is taking restaurant reservations for the outlets of Burj Al Arab in a proper manner as per the hotel's policies and procedures.
- Takes restaurant reservations for all outlets made via phone, email, fax or personal
- Uses and maintains the Epicure Restaurant Reservations System as per given procedure.
- To ensure accurate input of restaurant reservations details in the Epicure and hotel system.
- To handle reservation changes and cancellations.
- To prepare and send written confirmation letters for all the bookings according to the reservations standards.
- Distributes internal correspondence to the relevant departments
- Maintains and improves wherever possible the communication between the Restaurant Reservations Department, the various F & B outlets and other departments in the hotel.
- To use the reservations log to record and handover all messages to keep everyone within the department informed.
- Assists the Restaurant Reservations Manager in preparing reports and statistics
- Promotes and sells special events of Burj Al Arab such as New Year's Eve, Gala Dinners, etc.
- To Coordinate with Greeting Desk for all relevant show around requests.
- To keep him-/her-self updated with the current and future restaurants status and the occupancy levels
- To prepare and distribute the daily Food & Beverage guest questionnaire report.
- To Prepare the Daily Restaurant Report during the afternoon shift.
- To keep Manager/supervisor informed of any irregularities and VIP bookings.
- Handles group reservations and enquiries for up to 40 persons in the restaurants as per the standard policies.
- Function sheets to be prepared for the group reservations and handed over to the senior sales agent to issue function sheets on time
In order to be considered for this role you must have previous experience within the hospitality industry or in a call center environment and you must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written). Pleasant and approachable personality( for guest facing duties at hotel lobbies, guest cocktails etc.) knowledgeable in Epicure & Opera. Fluency in Arabic, Russian, Chinese, French, Spanish, German and Italian is an added advantage.