Mixologist (Junior) - Burj Al Arab Terrace - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.About the role
An exciting role has arisen in the Food & Beverage department at Burj Al Arab for a highly motivated and hardworking Mixologist. The main purpose of this position is to provide quality food and beverage service that is consistent with the hotel standards at all times.
Your key duties will include:
- Ensure guests live the "Ultimate Experience"
- Mixologist is fully responsible for the bar operation in the outlet.
- Apart from bar operation, ensuring HACCP standards, SOP's, cleaning and all bar related work will be taken care by Mixologist and supervise.
- All special occasions and events will be taken care by and creating innovative cocktail, specials and recipes.
- Maintenance of Mixo trolley and in charge to carry out the task on the floor.
- Represents BAA for external & internal bartending competitions and advises all related participation and acts as a mentor for all junior colleagues.
- Creating menus and check sales mix to make changes or upgrade with the coordination with the outlet/beverage manager.
- Tries new methods, equipment's required, new products and generates ideas for creativity.
- Prepare all needs for larger groups and packages.
- To stock the bar areas with, juices, soft drinks, glassware and condiments.
- To develop a complete working knowledge of the menu items and their ingredients and preparation.
- Ensuring the bar is presented with high quality and stylish recipes.
- Keep bar records and files well updated.
- Monitor temperature records, recipes and daily availabilities up to date.
- Minimize and control breakage.
- Be creative and innovative during low seasons and high seasons to utilize revenue by implementing beverages, cocktails and Mocktails.
- To utilize the hotel's computer system ringing up sales, printing checks, closing checks and completing closing readings.
- To ensure proper mixing, blending, etc. of drinks.
- To service all drinks for service bar area, guests and the bar area.
- To report any accident immediately, no matter how minor, to a manager.
- To carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver if requested.
- To be flexible in assisting around different areas of the hotel in response to business and client needs.
- Provide bar related trainings for the service staff.
- Share bar related topics and information via notice boards.
- Use expiry labelling effectively.
- Assist the service team when needed.
In order to be considered for this role:
- Experience in modern bars.
- A creative ideas generation.
- Tertiary Education or Equivalent.
- 5* hotel experience as a bartender.