Electrical Supervisor - Holiday Inn Doha - The Business Park
Full job details
Do you see yourself as an Electrical Supervisor?
What's your passion? Whether you're into gardening, swimming or karate, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park, Conveniently located in the center of the bustling Business Park and the financial district of Doha, Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park is only a 15-minute drive from Hamad International Airport and a few minutes away from the local main attractions including Souq Waqif and Museum of Islamic Arts. Explore the city at ease with close proximity to the shopping malls, the Corniche and to the city center making it an ideal place to stay around for business or leisure.
The hotel’s 307 well-appointed guestrooms all feature flat-screen televisions, satellite channels, complimentary high speed internet access, also 7 high-tech and flexible meeting rooms, a 24 hour business center, Lobby Café, Stock Burger, Pool Bar and All-Day Dining Restaurant.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for correct operation of physical plant and all engineering facilities of entire property during shifts in accordance with established policies and procedures, maintenance program and operation schedule.
2. Responsible during shift as Engineering Supervisor for the Fire fighting squadron with all firefighting equipment throughout the Property according to the Safety and Fire fighting Policy and Procedures.
3. Responsible for keeping accurate operating logs according to established policy and procedures.
4. Responsible for correct execution of established maintenance program for his section.
5. Responsible for and do all necessary repairs in his section ensuring maximum utilization and minimum breakdowns of assigned equipment.
6. Responsible for preparing work schedules of assigned personnel
7. Is responsible for distribute of repair and maintenance work in his section.
8. Is responsible for writing on backside of work order, assumed reason for breakdowns/replacements.
9. Is responsible for preparing monthly production and consumption report for his action.
10. Is responsible for training of subordinates in their respective assigned jobs.
11. Is responsible for giving daily personnel report to Programmer.
12. Is responsible for keeping Assistant Chief Engineer informed of inoperative equipment, progress of work, possible delays, job performance, interest, discipline and discrepancy of his crew.
13. Is responsible for correct uniform and neatness of assigned personnel.
14. Is responsible for keeping a close watch on spare parts / supplies required and advises Assistant Chief Engineer beforehand to reorder in order to have at anytime expected replacements of parts/supplies on hand.
15. Is responsible for order and cleanliness throughout assigned areas.
16. Is responsible for ensuring that all safety rules and regulations are adhered to by assigned personnel.
17. Attends Engineering colleagues meetings.
18. Follows all other instruction/rules and regulations that may be issued.
19. All bleeps are checked at the beginning of his shift.
20. The sounds system is checked every hour during his shift.
21. Emergency procedures are known by both himself and his colleagues
22. All logs sheets are completed accurately during his shift
23. In the event of adjusting any of the A/C components in the occupied area, the appropriate form must be completed and sent to the Duty Manager.
24. The component can be re-set when instructed by the Chief Engineer, when the area is cleared
25. Whenever it is not possible to gain entry to an area to affect works, he should immediately notify the Duty Manager and/or Executive Housekeeper.
26. If difficulties is experienced with any guest, the Duty Manager should be notified immediately
27. In the event of any equipment giving trouble which may affect the comfort of the guest, the Duty Manager and U.M. Engineer/Asst. Chief Engineer must be notified immediately.
28. If it is not possible to raise or lower the temperature in any guestroom to meet the guest, the Duty Manager and / or Assistant Chief Engineer should be notified immediately.
29. If it is found necessary to put an area out of order, this must be coordinated through the Duty Manager and / or Executive Housekeeper.
PLACE OF WORK- Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park - The Company may temporarily post you to another IHG hotel /department/Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park after discussing the suitability and domestic arrangements with you. You may on occasion be required to travel both in Qatar and overseas in connection with the employment.
Requirements include some college or advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance and/or construction including Electrician experience,or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying, lifting pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the facility, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support and life insurance support. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V