Heat Ventilation and Air Conditioning Supervisor - Holiday Inn Doha - The Business Park
Full job details
Do you see yourself as an HVAC Supervisor?
What's your passion? Whether you're into gardening, swimming or karate, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park, Conveniently located in the center of the bustling Business Park and the financial district of Doha, Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park is only a 15-minute drive from Hamad International Airport and a few minutes away from the local main attractions including Souq Waqif and Museum of Islamic Arts. Explore the city at ease with close proximity to the shopping malls, the Corniche and to the city center making it an ideal place to stay around for business or leisure.
The hotel’s 307 well-appointed guestrooms all feature flat-screen televisions, satellite channels, complimentary high speed internet access, also 7 high-tech and flexible meeting rooms, a 24 hour business center, Lobby Café, Stock Burger, Pool Bar and All-Day Dining Restaurant.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1) Records daily log readings of cold rooms and refrigerators, ensuring proper operation of equipment.
2) Attends to repair and maintenance of refrigeration equipment, such as reciprocating chillers, walk in cold rooms and freezer and other commercial/industrial refrigeration equipment.
3) Advises improvement to the present system in order to optimize the operating efficiency and economy of the said system.
4) Attends to repair and maintenance of air conditioning equipment such as air handling units, window A/C units, package units and fan coil units.
5) Assist Repair & Maintenance Engineer to prepare spare parts list for the refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
6) Complies with Hotel health, safety & hygiene policy.
7) Attends to all types of repair & maintenance work in the Hotel premises including any new additional/extensions to the Hotel.
8) Ensures that plant rooms, workshop and related areas are kept clean condition.
9) Participate in Hotel energy conservation program.
10) Support and initiate programs for the improvement in procedure on the environment and reduction of the energy and utility cost to control global warming.
11) Responsible for ensuring that the supplied uniforms are clean and in good repair. Unless it is an emergency, ensure a clean and tidy appearance before entering a guest area and if necessary change into a clean uniform.
12) 12) Responsible for assisting other personnel in carrying out other engineering duties as may be required by the Assistant Chief Engineer and according to need.
PLACE OF WORK- Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park - The Company may temporarily post you to another IHG hotel /department/Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park after discussing the suitability and domestic arrangements with you. You may on occasion be required to travel both in Qatar and overseas in connection with the employment.
Requirements include some college or advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance and/or construction including AC Technician experience,or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying, lifting pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the facility, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support and life insurance support. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V