Full job details
Do you see yourself as an Kitchen Technician?
What's your passion? Whether you're into gardening, swimming or karate, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park, Conveniently located in the center of the bustling Business Park and the financial district of Doha, Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park is only a 15-minute drive from Hamad International Airport and a few minutes away from the local main attractions including Souq Waqif and Museum of Islamic Arts. Explore the city at ease with close proximity to the shopping malls, the Corniche and to the city center making it an ideal place to stay around for business or leisure.
The hotel’s 307 well-appointed guestrooms all feature flat-screen televisions, satellite channels, complimentary high speed internet access, also 7 high-tech and flexible meeting rooms, a 24 hour business center, Lobby Café, Stock Burger, Pool Bar and All-Day Dining Restaurant.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Attends to repairs and maintenance of all systems and related equipment such as Laundry, Kitchen, heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment, water treatment plants, and sewage treatment plants.
2. Carries out electric arc or oxy acetylene welding.
3. Carries out repairs and maintenance of domestic hot/cold water systems, cooling water systems, storm and sanitary sewer systems.
4. Attends to replacement or new construction projects, which may include GI, PVC and cast iron piping and fabrication of necessary brackets supports for installation.
5. Attends to repairs or replacement of all bathroom/toilet fixtures in guest rooms, public areas and back-of-the-house areas.
6. Responsible for the repairs and maintenance of all pumps. Cleans all manholes and clears sewage and storm water line blockages using snaker machine or ropes and ring arrangement as required.
7. Attends to all types of repair and maintenance work in the Hotel premises including any new additional/extensions to the Hotel.
8. Ensures that the plant room, workshop and related areas are kept in a clean condition.
9. Participates in Hotel Energy Conservation Programs
10.Supports and initiates programs for the improvement in procedures on the Environment and reduction of the Energy and utility cost to control global warming.
11.Responsible for ensuring that the supplied uniform is clean and in good repair. Unless it is an emergency ensure a clean and tidy appearance before entering a Guest area and if necessary, change into a clean uniform.
12. Responsible for assisting other personnel in emergencies and for carrying out other engineering duties as may be required by the Assistant Chief Engineer and according to the needs of the Department.
PLACE OF WORK- Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park - The Company may temporarily post you to another IHG hotel /department/Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park after discussing the suitability and domestic arrangements with you. You may on occasion be required to travel both in Qatar and overseas in connection with the employment.
Requirements include some college or advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance and/or construction including Kitchen Technician experience,or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying, lifting pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the facility, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support and life insurance support. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V