Plumber - Holiday Inn Doha - The Business Park
Full job details
Do you see yourself as an Plumber?
What's your passion? Whether you're into gardening, swimming or karate, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park, Conveniently located in the center of the bustling Business Park and the financial district of Doha, Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park is only a 15-minute drive from Hamad International Airport and a few minutes away from the local main attractions including Souq Waqif and Museum of Islamic Arts. Explore the city at ease with close proximity to the shopping malls, the Corniche and to the city center making it an ideal place to stay around for business or leisure.
The hotel’s 307 well-appointed guestrooms all feature flat-screen televisions, satellite channels, complimentary high speed internet access, also 7 high-tech and flexible meeting rooms, a 24 hour business center, Lobby Café, Stock Burger, Pool Bar and All-Day Dining Restaurant.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1) Carries out repairs and maintenance of domestic hot/cold water system, cooling water systems, storm and sanitary sewer system, irrigation and fountain water systems and swimming pools.
2) Attends to repairs or replacement of all bathroom/toilet fixtures in guestrooms, public areas and back of the house areas.
3) Carries out fan coil unit services in guestrooms, shops, public areas and offices.
4) Cleans all manholes, clearing sewage and storm water line blockages using snaker machine or other means as required.
5) Carries out electric arc and oxy-acetylene welding.
6) Repair and maintain functional parts of mechanical equipment and machinery, such as pumps, compressors etc.
7) Attends to all types of repair and maintenance work in the hotel premises, including any new additional/extensions to the hotel or any other properties maintained by the hotel.
8) Responding to a guest maintenance request within 15 minutes on receipt of the same.
9) Ensure that the supplied uniform is clean and in good repair. Always maintain a clean and tidy appearance before entering a guest or public areas.
10) Ensures that the plant room, workshop and related areas are kept clean and tidy condition.
11) Observes prescribed safety standards. Helps maintain safe conditions for self and others.
12) 12) Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
13) Chemical Treatment of swimming pool, fountain, boilers and domestic water system.
14) Clean and up keeping of all water features and its filtration systems.
PLACE OF WORK- Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park - The Company may temporarily post you to another IHG hotel /department/Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park after discussing the suitability and domestic arrangements with you. You may on occasion be required to travel both in Qatar and overseas in connection with the employment.
Requirements include some college or advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance and/or construction including Plumbing experience,or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying, lifting pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the facility, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support and life insurance support. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V