Assistant Purchasing Manager
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find your World.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Finance - Supply Chain / Purchasing
Upon completion of the On boarding training, the 1 month Induction Plan and Service Culture program, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting Purchasing Department on the day to day activity,
- Following up on purchasing and Receiving in order to better support the Operation
- Increase guest satisfaction.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
Assist the Director of Supply Chain to plan, organize and direct all processes of the department to ensure a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with St Regis Sadiyaat Island Resort Abu Dhabi standards, policy & procedures in order to maximize efficiency, productivity and cost effectiveness of the Supply chain section.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Implement Supply Chain strategy and policies: Implement & enforce all the operating polices & procedures and ensure smooth functioning of the department. Assist Director of Supply Chain in developing and implementing Supply chain strategies.
2. Process Purchase Requisitions: All the PRs raised in the system should be processed within the stipulated time frame. To coordinate & assist the respective User departments as regards to their day to day requirements.
3. Obtaining Quotes: As per the specifications requested by the user department, quotes should be obtained from various suppliers to ensure goods & services are obtained at the best price prevailing in the market. The supplier should be chosen after a comparative study on the basis of the price, quality, lead time etc. Sound knowledge & experience of Contract process, FFE, OSE, F&B and Non Food Procurement Functions.
4. Process Purchase Orders: Ensure all approved purchase orders are properly & correctly dispatched via e-mail to the respective suppliers.
5. To assist the Director of Supply Chain to coordinate & obtain “Product Purchase Specification” from various departments in order to choose the right source.
6. To report to the Director of Supply Chain any unusual amount of material being requested which does not justify the purchase / Inventory cost.
7. To update the Director of Supply Chain on a daily basis regarding the day to day operation in the department.
8. Vendor Development & Relationship Management: Create successful alliance with the suppliers and built strong business relationships with them. Ensure supplier compliance on Product quality, Health & Safety, legal as well as all other issues as per guidelines and direction from local government authorities.
9. Maintain Internal Customer Relationship: Seeking feedback from the end users to ensure goods procured are as per hotel quality & standards and disseminating all the relevant information from the suppliers to help in the decision making towards choosing a particular vendor.
10. Periodically conduct “Market Research & Survey” to compare & evaluate the best options available.
11. Adhere to “Code of Business Conduct & Ethics”.
12. Continuously strive for perfection: Proactively requests for feedback from co-workers to enhance personal & team performance.
13. Develop passionate & committed people: Lead the respective team and develop expertise in core area of their activities. Identify and develop training opportunities, implement through on-the-job training as well as structured training program.
14. Upgrading the processes to achieve sustainable bottom line performance: Using the right resources while delivering high quality work on time resulting in cost savings. Exceeds the commitment to others by frequently delivering work early.
15. Cross Functional Coordination: Coordinate & assist the respective Stores/Receiving Managers as regards to day to day stores operation ie: distribution, ordering and inventory control to minimize the costs. Also, ensure that the stores operation of the hotel is efficiently carried out.
- Education: Bachelor degree in Finance preferred
- Experience: 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar position in a 5* property
- Computer Skills: High level of IT understanding. Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently.
- Specific skills & abilities: Good market knowledge. Negotiating skills and follow up