Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,200 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, and the recently introduced Tribute Portfolio™. The Company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands
W Dubai - Sheikh Zayed Road
The W brand is set to make a grand entrance in Dubai and UAE with the opening of W Dubai – Al Habtoor City. With 356 guest rooms, including an EWOW suite, the hotel will also feature five venues, the WET pool deck and FIT gym. If about making a statement for product launches and celebratory gatherings, The Great Room, the hotel’s ballroom, is the perfect venue. Fitted out with state-of-the-art facilities, the oval shaped venue is matched with five Studios ideal for small meetings and intimate gatherings.
With the signature Whatever/Whenever service, the hotel aims to put everything at fingertips of the guests, promising access to all that is new/next in the city.
Rooms Division/ Front Office/ Concierge
Purpose of Role:
The W Insider brings to life the W core value of ‘Insider’ for the W guest and allows W Hotels Worldwide to activate this key brand differentiator in a way that creates both valuable and memorable experiences for our guests, ultimately driving loyalty to the brand and providing hotels a way to differentiate themselves in the ever-growing lifestyle hotel marketplace. The position ensures that there is someone available at key times to focus entirely on providing guests inside tips and information on the city they are in as well as making WOW moments (both big and small) come to life during the guests’ experience at W.
Unlike other guest-facing talent who have another primary function (eg. Welcome Agent to accurately process a check-in or check-out, Concierge to respond to guest enquiries and phone calls) and who are asked to additionally try to interact with guests to provide inside information, the W Insider has this as their primary role, therefore ensuring a more enhanced guest experience and more frequent activation of the ‘Insider’ core value which in turn leads to greater congruency between W’s promise and the actual delivery of the experience.
This position provides a visible and accessible Living Room presence in order to anticipate, understand and act upon the needs and desires of our guests. The position creates a link between newly discovered guest wishes and hotel teams who make the wishes come true.
70% of Time Spent
• Position is present during peak morning and evening hours in order to interact with the most guests possible and remains accessible at all times to guests and talent members throughout assigned shift.
• Position is primarily not located at a desk but circulating the Living Room area.
• The position’s primary function is to monitor Living Room activity, spending 80% of each day interacting with guests to ensure they feel welcome and special. Use “aggressive” vs passive hospitality skills to proactively approach guests and engage them in conversation, enquire about their experience and discover special preferences and needs and ensure all are logged into SGR.
• Coordinates with all operating departments to ensure awareness of all activities taking place in the hotel.
• Acts as a key advocate for the guest at all times. Communicates any guest opportunities in a timely manner to relevant operating departments so that appropriate action to resolve may take place.
• Handle any problems and unusual situations brought up by the guests and follow through until resolved. Personally follows up with guests after resolution to ensure satisfaction.
15% of Time Spent
• Use of a desk, phone and computer will be needed from time to time to contact guests, confirm requests, make arrangements on their behalf etc.
• Review all relevant written communication (group resumes, Daily event sheets, SGR reports, Opera Arrivals, Who Listings and activities within the city.)
• Review current day’s expected arrivals and check all WHO and special request reservations to ensure all requests are being handled by relevant departments.
• Arrange personalized amenities for all WHO guests, using the Whatever/Whenever philosophy.
15% of Time Spent
• Meets with management to verify daily activity and establish communication for the day.
• Contact guest in need of recovery as assigned by Welcome Experience manager and ensure they are well taken care of, organize amenity if needed and ensure all their issues are logged into SGR.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility
Education Collage degree in hospitality preferred
Experience 2 years of guest service experience
Working with others W Look: appear confident, well-groomed and dressed in a smart casual manner
W Personality: warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
Never say no attitude
Exceed customer expectations
Communicate with others
Demonstrate team spirit and cooperation
Act with professionalism & integrity
Verbal and listening skills
Taking responsibility Take ownership
Learn, develop and adapt to change
Attend to detail
Delivering results Commit to quality
Follow policies and procedures
Technical / functional competencies High level of IT understanding
Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently
Understanding of Starwood policies and procedures
Basic understanding of international and local labour law
Other skills (Language) Fluency in English mandatory
o Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Second language preferred