Bartenders - W
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,200 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, and the recently introduced Tribute Portfolio™. The Company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands
W Dubai - Sheikh Zayed Road
The W brand is set to make a grand entrance in Dubai and UAE with the opening of W Dubai – Al Habtoor City. With 356 guest rooms, including an EWOW suite, the hotel will also feature five venues, the WET pool deck and FIT gym. If about making a statement for product launches and celebratory gatherings, The Great Room, the hotel’s ballroom, is the perfect venue. Fitted out with state-of-the-art facilities, the oval shaped venue is matched with five Studios ideal for small meetings and intimate gatherings.
With the signature Whatever/Whenever service, the hotel aims to put everything at fingertips of the guests, promising access to all that is new/next in the city.
Food & Beverage / Outlets in W Al Habtoor City
The successful bartender will be able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers’ needs and expectations; also in accordance with the standard recipes.
• Greet customers, introduce the menus, and inform them about any specials
• Mix drinks according to recipes
• Check identification of customers, to ensure that they are of legal drinking age
• Clean bars, tables, and work areas
• Operate cash registers, collect payments from customers, and return change
• Manage bar operation and order and maintain liquor and bar supplies
• Assist in day to day operations and adhere to brand standards
• Maintains bar stock in accordance with established standards
• Ensures security of beverage stock in the bar using key control procedures
• Controls beverage consumption of guests and stops serving when necessary
• Reports any shortages to his/her coach
• Polishes glasses and respects all hygiene rules in serving beverages
• Promote up selling at all levels and by personal efforts through guests contacts
• Any other duties, which may be assigned to you from time to time as directed by your talent coach.
Education : College Degree in Hotel Management
Experience : 2 years of experience in same or similar areas
Build personal effectiveness W Look: appear confident, well-groomed and dressed in a smart casual manner
W Personality: warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
Act with integrity
Make sound decisions
Adaptability / Flexibility
Verbal and listening skills
Writing skills : Able to write plans and reports