Barista - W
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,200 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, and the recently introduced Tribute Portfolio™. The Company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands
Al Habtoor City, Sheikh Zayed Road
The St. Regis Dubai
Scheduled to open in 2015, The St. Regis Dubai will debut the St. Regis brand in the Dubai. Leaving no aspect of luxury living untouched, the hotel features 234 rooms - 182 rooms and 52 Suites – with signature suites including the Royal Suite with its own private pool and a designer suite. All guests will be extended the St. Regis Butler Service ensuring that every unique preference is known and understood and every guest’s desire is fulfilled as if it were second nature. The hotel’s culinary journey includes eight venues including J&G Steakhouse by Michelin starred chef, Jean-Georges Vongerichten and Brasserie Quartier with an elegant setup, a modern French bistro while for relaxation the hotel is home to Iridium Spa and two rooftop pools. For grand celebrations, the hotel’s Astor Ballroom supported with meetings rooms, will provide guests and visitors every opportunity to curate memorable occasions.
W Dubai - Sheikh Zayed Road
The W brand is set to make a grand entrance in Dubai and UAE with the opening of W Dubai – Al Habtoor City. With 356 guest rooms, including an EWOW suite, the hotel will also feature five venues, the WET pool deck and FIT gym. If about making a statement for product launches and celebratory gatherings, The Great Room, the hotel’s ballroom, is the perfect venue. Fitted out with state-of-the-art facilities, the oval shaped venue is matched with five Studios ideal for small meetings and intimate gatherings.
With the signature Whatever/Whenever service, the hotel aims to put everything at fingertips of the guests, promising access to all that is new/next in the city.
The Westin Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road
The Westin Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, standing 41-storeys tall, will be home to 1004 rooms including 142 suites. The guest rooms and suites will be Westin Heavenly Bed as well as the Heavenly Bath®, stay at the hotel promises guests feeling pampered and invigorated. For dining, the hotel will feature eight venues including Treats, it’s lobby lounge, Seasonal Tastes for global cuisine, Cook Hall a modern gastro pub, Casa Cenatta, a Milanese café, Singaporean Wok Fire, a middle eastern pool restaurant, a cocktail lounge and a roof top club. Other signature features will include the Westin Heavenly Spa, consisting of 20 treatment rooms, the Westin WORKOUT fitness facility and thoughtfully designed Westin Kids Club.
Food & Beverage
The barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He/she is also responsible for educating customers about our premium coffees and teas. The barista fulfills any other duties the outlet talent coach assigns and represents hotel in a professional manner.
• Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services.
• Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
• Follows all Company drink recipes and procedures.
• Passes monthly re-certifications in a timely manner.
• Develops an understanding of coffee and tea regions and the various differences in flavour and blends.
• Begins to educate themselves on the various types of coffee, tea products, blends and roasts.
• Proficiently prepares blended and cold drinks as requested
• Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
• Verbally receives and calls back customer orders professionally
• Reports all customer complaints to manager on duty.
• Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
• Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including, but not limited to, giving store greeting, directions to store location, and receiving and filling customer orders.
• Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness.
• Maintains efficient, friendly service.
• Restocks shelves when necessary.
• Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows and grinders, and takes out trash, etc.
• Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments.
• Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty
• Reports all employee accidents to talent coach
• Informs the talent coach on duty of any operational inconsistencies
• It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility
W Look: appear confident, well-groomed and dressed in a smart casual manner
W Personality: warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
Act with integrity
Make sound decisions
Adaptability / Flexibility
Verbal and listening skills
Writing skills : Able to write plans and reports