Director of Sales
Position/Title: Director of Sales
Primary reporting line: General Manager
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for preparing, presenting and managing the execution of the annual Sales Plan.
2. Responsible for Rate preparation, Contract Development and Market Negotiations for local and international partners.
3. Identify and evaluate potential markets for Somewhere Hotels and develop with the team where appropriate.
4. In conjunction with the Revenue Manager/Front Office Manager and Banqueting Manager, maximize room inventory and event space.
5. Establish and develop relationship management with key and potential providers to ensure maximum business in all segments.
6. Ensure the teams have the necessary collateral to effectively promote Somewhere Hotels in all markets.
7. Oversee preparation and review of action plans/targets for the sales team.
8. Analyze and assess sales production versus targets and take necessary measures and actions to achieve planned goals/budget and departmental costs.
9. Utilize the marketing plan in order to uncover new and potential business.
10. Oversee timely response and communication with existing accounts and potential new business.
11. Conduct periodic reviews to verify correctness of key account information.
12. Review monthly and quarterly Sales reports detailing calls, results, follow-up and actions of the team.
13. Coordinate activities related to booked business with other departments as required.
14. Attends meetings pre-contract to understand guest needs and post-contract to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels, whilst providing a point of contact during their stay to handle any issues.
15. Attend local and international travel trade exhibitions, road shows and workshops as and when required or oversee these when attended by members of the team.
16. Conduct on the job training to reinforce:
- Awareness of the property’s unique selling points, features and amenities
- Market knowledge i.e. new developments/competitor offering etc
- Understanding of department’s policies and procedures.
17. Establish relations with competitor Directors of Sales to promote sharing of up to date competitor information.
18. Prepare analysis and reports for the General Manager/top management as required.
19. Develop active communication and rapport with local authorities such as the tourism board, airlines and other sources of sales information and support.