Telephone Operator (Butler Service Desk Agent)
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find your World.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Rooms - Butler Service
Upon completion of the On boarding training, the 1 month Induction Plan and Service Culture programme, you will be responsible for:
The Butler Service Desk Agent attends promptly and efficiently to all phone calls within 3 rings and is the primary point of contact for all telephone correspondence within the hotel. All phone calls are answered with a warm welcome and answer any guest questions, anticipate their wants and needs and resolve guest problems. Ensure guest’s immediate requirements are catered for. The Butler Services Agent has an awareness of regular guest names and requirements and has a full understanding of core Front Office process.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
• Has a full knowledge of Starwood Preferred Guest Program, Hotel occupancy and availability
• Knowledgeable in all room types and attributes (layout, size, connecting configurations, and views)
• Keeping Butlers informed of blocking and unblocking rooms, reallocation and room moves when Front Office liaises the changes with the Agents
• Locate arriving, in-house and departed guests by name and /or room number
• Competent in messaging functionality (creating, modifying, delivering, deleting)
• Answer all phone calls adhere to the standards set forth within the Telephone & Verbiage FOE
• Transfer calls to an appropriate guest or department when requested by callers and “hand shake “ over the phone where appropriate
• Coordinate guest requests with all relevant department
• Thoroughly conversant with all room types, décor and outlook
• Communication and recording of complaints
• Monitor and action eButler requests
• Ensure full liaison with other members of the team
• Resolve daily Traces for Butler Services
• Strong communication with other departments, especially Front Office and Housekeeping
• Make sure all Starguest profiles are turned to “Complete” from incomplete lists
• Report maintenance faults and damage to machines, furniture and fittings in all area of the hotel to the maintenance department.
• Strong relationship with guests and internal customers
• Prepare Wake Up Call log sheet for the following day and ensure this is handed over to Butler Supervisors
• Ensure all Wakeup call requests are logged accurately
• Give wake up calls for guests
• Keep inventory of Butler On Call Items
• Bachelor or College degree
• Two or three years working experience in relevant field of a luxury hotel
• Guest Service Contact experience required
• Preferred Language: