Information Technology Manager
Reporting Relationship: The I.T. Manager reports to the Director of Finance and his/her representatives.
Position Description: He/She provides overall management of all computer, servers, telephones, TVs, and Audio Visual for Scrub Island, which includes devises the overall IT framework - procedures, practices, procurement strategies and the setting up and maintenance of the IT infrastructure encompassing telecommunication systems and networks, Internet connectivity links and networks, computers/hardware, software systems, audio visual systems, applications and data centers..
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- This position takes IT lead role in resort projects and corporate IT initiatives, and provides direction and support for Scrub Island, a beautiful private Island Resort in the British Virgin Islands.
- Devises the overall IT framework - procedures, practices, procurement strategies and the setting up and maintenance of the IT infrastructure encompassing telecommunication systems and networks, Internet connectivity links and networks, computers/hardware, software systems, audio visual systems, applications and data centers.
- Analyzes technology needs to determine scope and priorities of projects, system capacity and new installations of software or hardware.
- Manage and participate in all IT/Telecom product evaluation, development, and implementation efforts for new construction of villas.
- Liaises and engages with external IT vendors, suppliers, outsourcing partners and software developers to buy IT assets and ensures the smooth running of the organizational IT infrastructure.
- Showcases sound negotiation skills to leverage organizational purchasing power and to get the best possible deals for hardware/systems procurement and other IT tariffs/rates.
- Financial management of both the IT departments and their related revenues and expenses.
- Lead strategic product and service development efforts to create a guest-centric atmosphere
- Communicates and manages corporate and local IT policies.
- Develops, maintains and tests emergency plans.
- Provides end user support when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Aid and assist convention service team with av sales, location set up and breakdown.
This immaculately designed private island resort is the first to be built in the British Virgin Islands in nearly 20 years, and is only accessible by boat or helicopter. Resort dining options include perfectly prepared steak at Caravela and eclectic fare at Tierra! Tierra! Guests can choose to experience a massage at the luxury Ixora Spa, or lounge by the infinity pool, which includes a swim-up bar. We offer elegant indoor and outdoor venue space. Our 55-slip marina can accommodate yachts up to 150 feet. Luxury without compare at Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection in the BVI