Chef de Partie - Arabic Banquet Kitchen
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find your World.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
To prepare, cook and present dishes of his assigned section in accordance to established methods and standards. To work in liaison with the other sections and to assist in training of Demi chef de parties, Commis, Apprentices & Trainees assigned to the section, and any other assignment given by the management, if and when required. It is mandatory to be vigilant and aware of individual responsibilities of HACCP.
1. Supervises preparation and presentation of all items in assigned section as
per established standards
2. Shares responsibility with Sous Chefs for the supervision and training of all
Demi Chef de parties / Commis / Apprentices / Trainees
3. Ensures freshness and suitability of products used and their appropriate
storage as per established standards
4. Co-operates with all other sections at all times, supports other sections if and when necessary and / or takes appropriate action to ensure support is given
5. Liaises if and when necessary with restaurant supervisors / managers, regarding replenishment of buffets, shortage of a la carte items and special requirements of customers
6. Reports any equipment requiring repairs and maintenance to his supervisors
7. Attends departmental meetings and briefings as and when scheduled
8. Attends training sessions as and when scheduled
9. Learns the hotels fire and safety procedures and the operation of the kitchen fire fighting equipment
10. Cleans his work utensils and area periodically and at the end of his shift
11. Ensures that refrigerators, walk in chillers and walk in freezers in his assigned section, and in general are clean and properly arranged, as per established standards
12. Should be aware of all the Banqueting function on a daily basis.
- High School level/ Hotel School
- Previous 5 star Experience is essential for this position
- Good communication skills such as read, write and speak in English is a must
- Basic Computer knowledge
- EFST Certification