Sales Manager - Corporate
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
• Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives. Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
• Proactively prospecting new accounts for the Hotel and Starwood properties worldwide and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts
• Take personal responsibility to ensure that Standards are maintained and that the system is utilized to its full capacity including the mandatory smart contracting process.
• Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account. To understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up to Events Teams.
• To attend when required trade and networking events as a representative of Starwood Hotels, ensuring that the quality image of the organization is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Hotel.
• To take personal responsibility for understanding the Sales Plan of the Hotel and the required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
• To actively support both the Sales Specialists and the Sales coordinator to assist them to carry out their roles effectively.
• Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
• Re-negotiation of SET and LNR agreements within budgetary guidelines of all corporate accounts within agreed time frames. Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client. Ensure property rate sheets are accurate at all times.
• To take responsibility for the compilation and execution of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales action plans as agreed with the Assistant Director of Sales. Communicate any obstacles to completing action plans to Associate DOS.
• To arrange and manage familiarization and educational trips in line with business needs.
We do expect that you do have the experiences/ behaviors below. You:
• 5 star business hotel background is a must;
• Previous GCC experience is a must;
• Have the ability to effectively communicate with other departments;
• Embrace and value operational guidelines and brand standards;
• Possess superior analytical skills;
• Have the ability to plan and prioritize in order to achieve deadlines;
• Have the awareness of maximizing the returns to all stakeholders;
• Are adaptable to the ideas of different cultures, settings and situations;
• Enjoy working in a team setting;
• Build lasting relationships with internal and external customers;
• Have immaculate personal presentation (e.g. grooming and conversational ability);
• Demonstrate effective problem solving skills and analysis of issues and trends, in order to develop and apply appropriate strategies;
• Have knowledge of hotel computer systems and other IT related applications;
• Uphold ethical business practices.